USA: AutoWeek readers ‘best vehicles’ poll results announced
US motoring magazine AutoWeek has announced its annual "America's Best" poll results, included in the July 4, 2005 issue.
This once-a-year online vote 'takes America's automotive pulse', the magazine claims.
And the winners are:
- Best Exotic: Ford GT
- Best Sports Car: Chevrolet Corvette (Corvette takes it from the Porsche 911)
- Best Luxury Car: Audi A8 (a 'hotly contested' category, the press release says)
- Best Sedan: BMW 3 Series
- Best Coupe/Convertible: Ford Mustang
- Best People Mover: Honda Odyssey (fourth straight year as winner)
- Best SUV/Off-Road Vehicle: Porsche Cayenne ('close race')
- Best Truck: Ford F-Series (eighth straight win for F-150)
- Best Economy Car: Mazda 3 (another repeat winner)