CANADA: Auto sales rise 6% in September
Total sales for the month were 143,000 of which Toyota took 16,800, up 21.9% from a year ago, and Honda 12,900, a 16% increase.
Ford sales fell 8%, including an 11.9% drop in car sales to 5,000 and a 6.9% t drop in truck sales to 18,600.
Total September Ford sales of 23,600 compared with sales of 25,656 in the same period last year. Year-to-date sales were down 0.1% at 219,182 vehicles.
Chrysler saw sales rise 2% to 19,555, taking year-to-date sales to 194,600, a 6% increase.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
Car Manufacturing in North America industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
Multiple concepts and new models are making their global debuts at the New York auto show. Public days are 29 March to 7 April....
Ford said it expects to achieve operating margins of about 10% in North America this year, down from 10.4% in 2012, because it expects to sell more smaller cars rather than more profitable trucks....
Kia's Soul, appearing in second-generation form at New York, has the potential to become the Korean brand's equivalent of the Mini, said the man who headed the design team which created it....
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028