INDIA: Audi sticks to top models
Instead it will continue to push stretched versions of its top-end saloons and larger SUVs.
"Our top down model strategy has been successful in India so far. We have successfully sold the top end A8 stretched sedan and other high end models to Indian customers," Michael Perschke told the Economic Times.
"But we have no plans to dilute our brand by launching smaller cars like the A1 or similar models, even as the competition garners volumes with such offerings."
This is in sharp contrast to BMW which has already launched its MINI brand and plans to introduce the compact 1 Series next year. Mercedes-Benz, already selling the B Class, will launch the A Class in 2013.
In the first seven months of this financial year, BMW and Audi sold 5,174 cars in India and Mercedes-Benz 3,651, according to the Economic Times.
The UK market looked strong in May while Toyota's UK plant, clobbered by the 2008 recession, is now claimed to be back at capacity, following the start of production of the Auris Touring Sports or, to...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
Quarterly and other results to the thirty-oneth of March continued to dribble in this week so let's start by hoisting the Union Jack, drum roll, trumpet blast, and highlight Jaguar Land Rover's 11% fu...
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Porsche is stopping Cayenne SUV production at its Leipzig assembly plant because of flooding in the region....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)