BRAZIL: Audi may lead luxury production
Eyeing a luxury car market expected to expand from 50,000 units in 2012 to up to 130,000 a year by 2016, Audi may set the pace to produce them locally.
Audi has previously produced the A3 (two generations back) at the Volkswagen plant in the state of Paraná. Adding Audi production again in Brazil would be quicker and easier than for rivals as it needs to refurbish an existing plant rather than build a new one.
With the end of European market Fox production, assembly space is available.
BMW will have its Santa Catarina state plant ready by late 2014.
This should be ready by mid-2014 but is facing delays due to environmental issues. If an accord with Daimler is agreed, it will not be the priority.
Brands with higher priced products get better treatment under the new Brazilian government automotive regime as long as annual output is limited to 35,000 units.
This is sufficient to meet, with some spare capacity, the expected demand.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
Volkswagen does not expect European sales volumes to increase at any point during the next few years as overall economic gloom continues to grip the Continent....
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- GENEVA DEBUTS: Audi Q7 e-tron to be a diesel PHEV
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)