BRAZIL: Audi may lead luxury production
Eyeing a luxury car market expected to expand from 50,000 units in 2012 to up to 130,000 a year by 2016, Audi may set the pace to produce them locally.
Audi has previously produced the A3 (two generations back) at the Volkswagen plant in the state of Paraná. Adding Audi production again in Brazil would be quicker and easier than for rivals as it needs to refurbish an existing plant rather than build a new one.
With the end of European market Fox production, assembly space is available.
BMW will have its Santa Catarina state plant ready by late 2014.
This should be ready by mid-2014 but is facing delays due to environmental issues. If an accord with Daimler is agreed, it will not be the priority.
Brands with higher priced products get better treatment under the new Brazilian government automotive regime as long as annual output is limited to 35,000 units.
This is sufficient to meet, with some spare capacity, the expected demand.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive turbocharger sector, major suppliers, top markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repo...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electric motors sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to...
Volkswagen does not expect European sales volumes to increase at any point during the next few years as overall economic gloom continues to grip the Continent....
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)