CHINA: Audi AG sales surpass 400,000 units for first time in 2012
Audi set a new record in the Chinese market last year. Deliveries in China and Hong Kong exceeded the 400,000 mark for the first time, a 29.6 percent increase compared to the previous year. "In the year 2012, we continued the success story in our biggest sales market," stated Luca de Meo, Member of the Board of Management for Sales and Marketing. "With this record we have increased our lead over the competition, further strengthening our number one position in the premium segment in China."
The company set a new sales record for the A4 L, A6 L and Q5 model series built in Changchun: 322,700 vehicles for a year-on-year increase of 28.1 percent. With 89,488 deliveries, Audi Q5 sales increased by 64.9 percent. Also the A6 L, which underwent a model change in 2012, achieved a new record; 132,872 customers chose China's best-selling business sedan (up 17.3 percent). With 100,340 units sold, sales of the long version of the A4 rose 18.7 percent. All three models made in China lead their respective market segments, Audi says.
Sales volumes for imported Audi vehicles rose by 36.2 percent to 83,138. The Audi Q7 was particularly successful with 21,360 units sold (up 10 percent) as well as the Audi A8/S8 with 18,857 vehicles delivered (up 51.7 percent). The compact Audi Q3 SUV, available since mid-2012, managed 2,145 units delivered.
The dealer network was significantly expanded throughout the country last year. The number of dealerships was increased by 60 to approximately 290 in more than 130 cities - averaging more than one new opening every week.
This year, the company will celebrate "25 Audi years in China" together with its joint-venture partner FAW. Further market launches are planned, of the locally produced Audi Q3 for example. At the end of this year, production of automobiles will begin at our new site in Foshan in southern China.
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Volkswagen is recalling more vehicles with a gearbox problem in China supplementing a recall of 384,181 vehicles that started in April, according to China's quality watchdog....
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)