CHINA: Audi AG sales surpass 400,000 units for first time in 2012
Audi set a new record in the Chinese market last year. Deliveries in China and Hong Kong exceeded the 400,000 mark for the first time, a 29.6 percent increase compared to the previous year. "In the year 2012, we continued the success story in our biggest sales market," stated Luca de Meo, Member of the Board of Management for Sales and Marketing. "With this record we have increased our lead over the competition, further strengthening our number one position in the premium segment in China."
The company set a new sales record for the A4 L, A6 L and Q5 model series built in Changchun: 322,700 vehicles for a year-on-year increase of 28.1 percent. With 89,488 deliveries, Audi Q5 sales increased by 64.9 percent. Also the A6 L, which underwent a model change in 2012, achieved a new record; 132,872 customers chose China's best-selling business sedan (up 17.3 percent). With 100,340 units sold, sales of the long version of the A4 rose 18.7 percent. All three models made in China lead their respective market segments, Audi says.
Sales volumes for imported Audi vehicles rose by 36.2 percent to 83,138. The Audi Q7 was particularly successful with 21,360 units sold (up 10 percent) as well as the Audi A8/S8 with 18,857 vehicles delivered (up 51.7 percent). The compact Audi Q3 SUV, available since mid-2012, managed 2,145 units delivered.
The dealer network was significantly expanded throughout the country last year. The number of dealerships was increased by 60 to approximately 290 in more than 130 cities - averaging more than one new opening every week.
This year, the company will celebrate "25 Audi years in China" together with its joint-venture partner FAW. Further market launches are planned, of the locally produced Audi Q3 for example. At the end of this year, production of automobiles will begin at our new site in Foshan in southern China.
The analysts writing this report forecast the Global Automotive Camera Module market to reach US$1,554.72 million by 2016....
This report is based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the Americas and the APAC and EMEA regions; it also covers the Global Advanced Driver Assistanc...
The analysts writing this report forecast Global Automotive Head-up Display market to grow at a CAGR of 28.61 percent over the period 2012-2016....
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- China levies big fines on Japanese parts makers
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- CHENGDU PREVIEW: DS 6
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times