GERMANY: Audi adds March shifts
The Volkswagen-owned division will add 12 special production shifts at its main factory in Ingolstadt and a plant in Neckarsulm to process orders for vehicles such as the A6 sedan, A7 coupe and Q5 SUV, spokesman Joachim Cordshagen told Reuters.
Audi is "discussing" the possibility of adding more shifts at its two main German factories in the second quarter, he said, declining to be more specific.
Audi, the main contributor to VW group profit, has been running extra shifts in Germany since the start of the year. The measures may boost first-quarter output by about 5,000 cars in Ingolstadt and 2,600 vehicles in Neckarsulm, Cordshagen told Reuters.
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
FAW Group has reportedly signed a Memorandum of Understanding to construct a vehicle plant in Rason, a port city in North Korea's far north east, close to the Chinese and Russian borders....
Volkswagen will launch a special Bluemotion low emissions version of the Caddy van and MPV at the Frankfurt motor show....
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- Suzuki-VW dispute over
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report