LA SHOW PREVIEW: Aston Martin Vanquish set for LA Show
Aston Martin says the Vanquish features the next generation of the VH architecture as well as a significantly upgraded 6.0-litre V12 engine that is 'considerably more potent than before'.
The new 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish will be showcased at the 2012 Los Angeles Auto Show this week. The new Vanquish joins the luxury British sports car maker's presence at the show in conjunction with dealer partner, Galpin Aston Martin of California.
Over a busy three months since its initial unveiling at the Monterey automotive week in the summer, the new Vanquish has engaged in a tour of North America and Canada ahead of the first customer cars reaching the market in early 2013.
Julian Jenkins, Vice President Aston Martin the Americas said: "The new Vanquish has captured the imagination of customers and enthusiasts across the region as it has toured the country, receiving a hugely encouraging response.
"In conjunction with our dealer partner Galpin Aston Martin, the Los Angeles Auto Show is our final stop of 2012 before first deliveries to the region commence in the new year.
" The Vanquish is the new flagship model of the Aston Martin sports car range. Featuring a 6.0 litre engine producing some 565bhp at 6,750rpm and a new carbon fiber body, the first customer cars will be delivered to customers in the Americas during quarter one 2013.
Vanquish is a new Aston Martin developed using the latest engineering methods and innovative technologies coming together with typically understated classic British design to produce a true super GT. The result is Aston Martin's most potent production model yet, outmuscled only by the strictly limited edition and now sold-out One-77 supercar.
The new 2014 Vanquish is priced from (US Dollar) $279,995 MSRP (CAD $296,000).
The LA Auto Show at the Los Angeles Convention Center opens to the public on Friday 30 November, running until Sunday 9 December.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
Daimler is reportedly in early talks with Aston Martin over a supply arrangement to Aston Martin that is thought to involve Mercedes engines....
Tesla has named Aston Martin's vehicle engineering head, Chris Porritt, as its new vice president of vehicle engineering....
Aston Martin has confirmed that the Investindustrial partnership previously announced in December 2012 has been completed....
Aston Martin Holdings has reported 2012 final quarter revenue up 20% over the same period in 2011 and a full year adjusted EBITDA of GBP69.3m (US$106.51) on sales of 3,800 vehicles....
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts at the Geneva motor show on media preview days 5 and 6 March....
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The year is flying by...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- JLR automates priority warranty parts returns
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029