CANADA: April sales up 1.6%
Canada's new motor vehicle sales in April rose 1.6% from March, with the increase reflecting gains in both passenger cars and trucks, Dow Jones reported, citing Statistics Canada.
Sales were a seasonally adjusted 139,003 in April, up from a revised 136,799 in March, and up 2.1% from 136,145 a year earlier.
Based on preliminary numbers from the automobile industry, sales in May are estimated to have declined by about 6% from April, the agency reportedly said.
Sales of passenger cars were up 1.5% and sales of trucks rose 1.7%.
Sales of cars imported from overseas totaled 21,517, up 0.5% from 21,404 previously, Dow Jones said.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- Briefing: Supplier industry financial review
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2015 Volvo V60 Polestar
- INTERVIEW: Alain Uyttenhoven, Head of Lexus Europe
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo 1.2 TSI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: All eyes on Vienna
- INDIA: Datsun horror inspires national crash tests
- UK: Tata "could move JLR production abroad"
- Jaguar Land Rover named "most trustworthy OEM"
- Tesla and BMW in battery talks - reports
- UK: Bentley BY716 SUV to be called 'Bentayga'