CANADA: April sales up 1.6%
Canada's new motor vehicle sales in April rose 1.6% from March, with the increase reflecting gains in both passenger cars and trucks, Dow Jones reported, citing Statistics Canada.
Sales were a seasonally adjusted 139,003 in April, up from a revised 136,799 in March, and up 2.1% from 136,145 a year earlier.
Based on preliminary numbers from the automobile industry, sales in May are estimated to have declined by about 6% from April, the agency reportedly said.
Sales of passenger cars were up 1.5% and sales of trucks rose 1.7%.
Sales of cars imported from overseas totaled 21,517, up 0.5% from 21,404 previously, Dow Jones said.
Sectors: Vehicle markets
- Kia K900 knocks on big brands' door
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2015MY Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
- Global light vehicle market developments
- Daimler - Q2 results insight
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Results season again
- Jaguar Land Rover buys British classic cars hoard
- New alloy developed for new Jag
- INTERVIEW: Audi's 'Mr RHD' retires
- JLR China cuts prices amid anti-trust probe
- Tata Motors to assemble in Venezuela