FRANCE: Appeal Court Faurecia ruling potentially throws cat among PSA pigeons
The French supplier is reacting to the the Paris Court of Appeal's ruling its Faurecia Interieur Industrie (FII) division must consult with its labour body on the "eventual consequences" of its reorganisation.
A statement sent to just-auto by Faurecia in Paris notes: "The Court of Appeal, in its ruling of 28 January, considers FII must put into place an information/consultation procedure with its Works Council on the eventual consequences, for itself, of PSA's restructuring plan, before implementing the reorganisation.
"As a result, Faurecia Interieur Industrie will start this consultation immediately."
PSA says it "takes note" of the Court's judgement, but that: "The information/consultation process concerning PSA's restructuring is not therefore suspended, let alone cancelled."
PSA has a 57.4% stake in Faurecia.
The CGT union was not immediately available for comment following the Appeal Court's ruling and after days of industrial unrest, which has seen it join forces with Renault workers protesting against a similar job cuts package.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Faurecia, the supplier controlled by PSA/Peugeot-Citroen, will close eight car seat factories over the next four years, sources familiar with the plan have told Reuters....
Faurecia's net income shrank 71% to EUR35m (US$46m) in the first half of this year despite a 5.7% gain in revenue to EUR9.27bn but the supplier predicted that European vehicle production would begin t...
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030