FRANCE: Appeal Court Faurecia ruling potentially throws cat among PSA pigeons
The French supplier is reacting to the the Paris Court of Appeal's ruling its Faurecia Interieur Industrie (FII) division must consult with its labour body on the "eventual consequences" of its reorganisation.
A statement sent to just-auto by Faurecia in Paris notes: "The Court of Appeal, in its ruling of 28 January, considers FII must put into place an information/consultation procedure with its Works Council on the eventual consequences, for itself, of PSA's restructuring plan, before implementing the reorganisation.
"As a result, Faurecia Interieur Industrie will start this consultation immediately."
PSA says it "takes note" of the Court's judgement, but that: "The information/consultation process concerning PSA's restructuring is not therefore suspended, let alone cancelled."
PSA has a 57.4% stake in Faurecia.
The CGT union was not immediately available for comment following the Appeal Court's ruling and after days of industrial unrest, which has seen it join forces with Renault workers protesting against a similar job cuts package.
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Faurecia, the supplier controlled by PSA/Peugeot-Citroen, will close eight car seat factories over the next four years, sources familiar with the plan have told Reuters....
Faurecia's net income shrank 71% to EUR35m (US$46m) in the first half of this year despite a 5.7% gain in revenue to EUR9.27bn but the supplier predicted that European vehicle production would begin t...
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029