PAKISTAN: Al-Haj FAW Motors opens assembly plant in Karachi
FAW's joint venture with Al-Haj Motors in Pakistan, Al-Haj FAW Motors, has opened an assembly plant in Karachi.
"After making a respectable impression in the trucks market of Pakistan, our company is ready to gain a share in the pick-up market also," Al-Haj FAW Motors chief executive Hilal Khan Afridi told Express Tribune. The plant can produce 6,000 trucks and 12,000 light vehicles every year.
The PKR1bn (US$10.3m) plant will manufacture trucks, prime movers, light commercial vehicles and passenger cars. Al-Haj FAW Motors has been assembling two 1,000cc vehicles at the plant since June 2012. Now, the company aims to introduce new vehicles and passenger cars of 1,000-1,500cc engine capacity within the next few years.
Industry officials said the decline in overall economic activity and continuous disruptions in NATO supplies to Afghanistan have resulted in significantly low sales of trucks in Pakistan soAl-Haj FAW Motors' sales and production plans may be affected due to the falling demand.
PSA Peugeot Citroen recently inked a partnership with Agromash Holding, for the assembly and distribution of the French automaker's passenger cars and LCVs in Kazakhstan. Simon Warburton was in contac...
Volkswagen's joint venture with Shanghai Automotive has broken ground for a 300,000-unit plant in Changsha in the province of Hunan, south-central China....
Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint ventures in China increased 15.3% year on year last month to an April record of 261,870 units.Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint vent...
China Automotive Systems, Inc. has announced that its subsidiary, Jingzhou Henglong Automotive Parts Co., Ltd., has entered into a multi-year agreement to supply the SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW) joint ventur...
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
According to a report in the Beijing Times, Xu Jianyi is to resign from this post as chairman of the board of FAW Car. He will continue as chairman of the board of FAW Group. The news is said to be un...
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030