PAKISTAN: Al-Haj FAW Motors opens assembly plant in Karachi
FAW's joint venture with Al-Haj Motors in Pakistan, Al-Haj FAW Motors, has opened an assembly plant in Karachi.
"After making a respectable impression in the trucks market of Pakistan, our company is ready to gain a share in the pick-up market also," Al-Haj FAW Motors chief executive Hilal Khan Afridi told Express Tribune. The plant can produce 6,000 trucks and 12,000 light vehicles every year.
The PKR1bn (US$10.3m) plant will manufacture trucks, prime movers, light commercial vehicles and passenger cars. Al-Haj FAW Motors has been assembling two 1,000cc vehicles at the plant since June 2012. Now, the company aims to introduce new vehicles and passenger cars of 1,000-1,500cc engine capacity within the next few years.
Industry officials said the decline in overall economic activity and continuous disruptions in NATO supplies to Afghanistan have resulted in significantly low sales of trucks in Pakistan soAl-Haj FAW Motors' sales and production plans may be affected due to the falling demand.
PSA Peugeot Citroen recently inked a partnership with Agromash Holding, for the assembly and distribution of the French automaker's passenger cars and LCVs in Kazakhstan. Simon Warburton was in contac...
The analysts in this report forecast the Light-duty Green Vehicles market in China in China to grow at a CAGR of 23.38 percent over the period 2012-2016....
Trucks in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains descr...
Volkswagen's joint venture with Shanghai Automotive has broken ground for a 300,000-unit plant in Changsha in the province of Hunan, south-central China....
According to analysts forecasts, the passenger vehicle market in China is expected to reach 21.2 million units by 2015. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the government sup...
Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint ventures in China increased 15.3% year on year last month to an April record of 261,870 units.Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint vent...
China Automotive Systems, Inc. has announced that its subsidiary, Jingzhou Henglong Automotive Parts Co., Ltd., has entered into a multi-year agreement to supply the SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW) joint ventur...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- COMMENT: Nissan looks for top UEFA bang for buck
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 long wheelbase
- BEIJING DEBUTS: JAC EC-9 concept
- GM furloughs two engineers in recall probe
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028