PAKISTAN: Al-Haj FAW Motors opens assembly plant in Karachi
FAW's joint venture with Al-Haj Motors in Pakistan, Al-Haj FAW Motors, has opened an assembly plant in Karachi.
"After making a respectable impression in the trucks market of Pakistan, our company is ready to gain a share in the pick-up market also," Al-Haj FAW Motors chief executive Hilal Khan Afridi told Express Tribune. The plant can produce 6,000 trucks and 12,000 light vehicles every year.
The PKR1bn (US$10.3m) plant will manufacture trucks, prime movers, light commercial vehicles and passenger cars. Al-Haj FAW Motors has been assembling two 1,000cc vehicles at the plant since June 2012. Now, the company aims to introduce new vehicles and passenger cars of 1,000-1,500cc engine capacity within the next few years.
Industry officials said the decline in overall economic activity and continuous disruptions in NATO supplies to Afghanistan have resulted in significantly low sales of trucks in Pakistan soAl-Haj FAW Motors' sales and production plans may be affected due to the falling demand.
PSA Peugeot Citroen recently inked a partnership with Agromash Holding, for the assembly and distribution of the French automaker's passenger cars and LCVs in Kazakhstan. Simon Warburton was in contac...
Volkswagen's joint venture with Shanghai Automotive has broken ground for a 300,000-unit plant in Changsha in the province of Hunan, south-central China....
Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint ventures in China increased 15.3% year on year last month to an April record of 261,870 units.Vehicle sales by General Motors (GM) and its joint vent...
China Automotive Systems, Inc. has announced that its subsidiary, Jingzhou Henglong Automotive Parts Co., Ltd., has entered into a multi-year agreement to supply the SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW) joint ventur...
Details of concepts and new models which made their global debuts on Saturday 20 April at Auto Shanghai's media preview day....
According to a report in the Beijing Times, Xu Jianyi is to resign from this post as chairman of the board of FAW Car. He will continue as chairman of the board of FAW Group. The news is said to be un...
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: smart & VW Golf updates
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Wraps come off fourth generation Kia Sportage
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Toyota Thailand suspends Prius due to tax dispute
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030