SWEDEN: AB Volvo invests in DriveCam
Volvo Group Venture Capital, a subsidiary to the Volvo Group, has announced that Volvo has made a strategic investment in DriveCam. The two companies have joined forces with the objective of delivering innovative safety-centric solutions to the global commercial vehicle industry.
Through the investment Volvo Group becomes a minority shareholder in the company.
"Volvo Group and DriveCam have a common vision - to reduce traffic accidents worldwide," says Johan Carlsson, president of Volvo Group Venture Capital.
"Complementary to our leading position in the global truck manufacturing market, Volvo Group is also focused on the human element in reducing accidents, an area where DriveCam is a clear leader. This strategic investment enables the commercial vehicle industry to benefit from our collaborative development efforts, while it also supports the Volvo Group's vision to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions."
"Volvo Group and DriveCam both believe that there is only one acceptable number of accidents in driving -zero," said DriveCam chairman and CEO Brandon Nixon. "And since the human element plays a role in nine out of ten accidents, the driver risk management solutions that DriveCam has pioneered are essential to both companies reaching our common goal of zero accidents on the road."
For several decades, Volvo Group has studied and analysed a large number of accidents involving trucks. This information has been, and still is one of the most important bases for the design and development of Volvo Group's trucks. These investigations have resulted in numerous safety related improvements already in place in today's trucks.
DriveCam prevents collisions and reduces fuel costs by improving the way people drive. DriveCam's solution addresses the causes of poor driving by combining data and video analytics with real-time driver feedback and coaching.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global automotive safety systems sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
Despite strong developing competition, Volvo continues to lead in the car safety technologies. Continued work on the improvement of quality and reliability, and above all the safety of users makes the...
Volvo Cars saw global sales rise 14% in July to 33,650 compared to the same month last year on the back of strong growth in China and a healthy performance in Europe....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Electric Vehicles (EVs) in Units by the following Product Segments: Battery Powered Electric Vehicles (BPEVs), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs), and Fuel ...
General Motors has hired former Volvo CEO Stefan Jacoby to head up international operations. He replaces Tim Lee, who will take up the position of chairman, GM China....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018