US: AAM invests US$100m at Michigan facility
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings (AAM) has announced that it is investing more than US$100m in its Three Rivers manufacturing facility located in Three Rivers, Michigan.
The investment, which will be completed by December 2013, is expected to create more than 500 new jobs while further diversifying AAM's product portfolio and customer base in North America.
The investment represents the installation of new production lines, multiple assembly stations, paint line modifications, additional shipping and receiving capacity and upgrades to the facility's business offices and lobby. To complete the project, AAM has sourced millions of dollars of business to Michigan-based companies, and in turn, is positively impacting multiple communities in the state.
"Last fall, we announced that AAM would be bringing new business to Michigan," said AAM president and chief executive officer David Dauch. "For the past two years, we have been preparing the Three Rivers Manufacturing Facility for this new business launch. Now, we are in a growth mode and hiring hundreds of associates. This is exciting news for the State of Michigan, the City of Three Rivers and for AAM."
American Axle & Manufacturing's (AAM's) net income in the first quarter of 2013 was US$7.3m, or $0.10 per share compared to net income of $51.2m, or $0.68 per share, in the first quarter of 2012, a fa...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global 4WD and AWD sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this report to gai...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: VW's 'master tactician' falls
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 'Bye Twin Gate, hello hatchback
- COMMENT: Labour Day Paris putsch at Renault
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: New BlueHDi tech for Citroën C4
- Lear Corp VP on designing wire harnesses
- EPS corrosion prompts 487,000 unit Ford recall
- Audi produces synthetic diesel fuel from water
- GM refocuses on India, targets low-cost growth
- Delphi poised for 'major acquisition' this year
- Visteon to shut down tech centre
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029