UAE: Aabar eyes higher Daimler stake
Abu Dhabi's Aabar Investments PJSC reportedly wants to raise its stake in Daimler to 15 percent from 9.1 percent, according to remarks made by the fund's chairman.
Daimler and Aabar yesterday announced the purchase of 75.1 percent of the Brawn Grand Prix racing team, whose driver Jenson Button won this year's Formula One championship.
Since buying the Daimler stake earlier this year, Aabar has teamed up with Daimler on Tesla Motors Inc., buying part of Daimler's 10 percent stake in the electric car company in July.
Aabar Chairman Khadem al Qubaisi told Bloomberg yesterday that the Abu Dhabi-listed investment company was 'in talks' to raise its holding to 15 percent. The timing would depend on the stock price, he said.
Just how tricky 2010 is shaping up to be was reflected in our close look at the European market in April at the start of this week....
For the automotive industry, India has many attractions, not least the availability of a well educated, low cost labour force, particularly in the areas of engineering and IT....
Global sales of Mercedes-Benz cars rose 12.3% on the year in April to 102,100 vehicles, driven by rising demand in China and the United States....
Daimler is to end work-hour reductions a month earlier than planned because of stronger demand for its vehicles....
Daimler has signed an agreement to establish a bus joint venture in Tashkent with full contract closure expected in the third quarter of 2010....
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- General Motors' $1bn plan includes Halol closure
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Iranian suppliers mull UK/US cooperation hope
- General Motors adds $1.9bn to Brazil spend
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030