US: 2014 Ford Fiesta gets one-litre EcoBoost
The updated 2014 Fiesta on sale next year will be the first vehicle sold in the United States with Ford's three-cylinder 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine. Though the car has not yet undergone EPA testing, it is expected to be certified as the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car available in the US.
Adding an EcoBoost engine costs about US$995 in most Ford vehicles.
"Many customers would like the fuel efficiency of a modern diesel or a hybrid, but can't stretch their budgets to cover the cost premium," said Bakaj. "That's where the EcoBoost Fiesta fits in. It will offer a highly fuel-efficient alternative at a lower cost."
In Europe, the one-litre engine now accounts for about 30% of sales in the Focus. The engine is just now launching in the B- Max and C-Max, and will also be offered in the redesigned Mondeo (European Fusion).
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
Although the Chinese car market is expected to see growth of around 10% this year, prospects for premium brands have deteriorated as a result of the Chinese government's anti-corruption campaign, acco...
Ford has strongly rebuffed questioning from the European Commission (EC) as to whether Spanish plans to grant state aid for its Valencia project are against regulations....
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Mitsubishi throws in US towel
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- Q&A with Ricardo on future powertrain technology
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- Audi to debut OLED lighting at IAA
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Chery spearheads China’s auto export drive
- Audi brand sets first half sales record
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030