US: 2014 Ford Fiesta gets one-litre EcoBoost
The updated 2014 Fiesta on sale next year will be the first vehicle sold in the United States with Ford's three-cylinder 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine. Though the car has not yet undergone EPA testing, it is expected to be certified as the most fuel-efficient non-hybrid car available in the US.
Adding an EcoBoost engine costs about US$995 in most Ford vehicles.
"Many customers would like the fuel efficiency of a modern diesel or a hybrid, but can't stretch their budgets to cover the cost premium," said Bakaj. "That's where the EcoBoost Fiesta fits in. It will offer a highly fuel-efficient alternative at a lower cost."
In Europe, the one-litre engine now accounts for about 30% of sales in the Focus. The engine is just now launching in the B- Max and C-Max, and will also be offered in the redesigned Mondeo (European Fusion).
New to QUBE in the last quarter, this report has been extracted from QUBE and provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle Engine technologies sector, major suppliers, top markets, te...
I wouldn't have thought that, with the current state of play in the European auto industry, there'd be too much niggle in the union ranks. But we've reported on a bit this week....
Although the Chinese car market is expected to see growth of around 10% this year, prospects for premium brands have deteriorated as a result of the Chinese government's anti-corruption campaign, acco...
Ford has strongly rebuffed questioning from the European Commission (EC) as to whether Spanish plans to grant state aid for its Valencia project are against regulations....
A new Magneti Marelli Automotive Lighting plant has been opened in Foshan, Guangdong province, in southern China....
Ford will free up much needed production capacity in North America by moving Fiesta production from Mexico to Thailand in 2016, according to a US newspaper....
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Another year races by
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Punch Genk offer "missed opportunity": Mayor
- Pay deal lifts strike threat at Jaguar Land Rover
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- PSA UK announces new senior management structure
- Sales suspended as ruble crisis bites
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Hydrogen and Fuel Cells 2015-2025: Forecasts, Technologies, Markets
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global automotive OE lighting market- forecasts to 2029