just-auto Industry Intelligence Seminars
Our Industry Intelligence Seminars in Birmingham in October and Swindon in November focused on challenges and opportunities faced by UK suppliers and were designed to provide attendees with invaluable information on the latest manufacturing and supplier perspectives from key industry experts and participants across the pan-European marketplace. We've rounded up news from key speakers here.
LMC Automotive has raised the possibility General Motors may have to accelerate its programme of plant restructuring in Europe, while emphasising the need for high-capacity utilisation.
Simon Brimble is vice president of global purchasing for Delphi Powertrain and Delphi EMEA, with responsbility for global commercial aspects of all purchased goods and services. His organisation deals with all supplier quality and development activities, new purchased part readiness and purchasing support for individual business lines.
Eurozone economic difficulties are unlikely to ease before 2015 as governments across the continent wrestle with huge national deficits and fragile consumer confidence.
OEMs looking to be the first to implement commercial applications of autonomous vehicles could steal a substantial march on competitors, a UK conference heard today.
France will have to use radical surgery to address its current chronic overcapacity as the European automotive crisis spreads across mature markets, said one industry analyst.
Global automotive industry figures may indicate another year of record vehicle sales and production, but it feels more like a recession to many, delegates at a just-auto event heard today.
Political difficulities in closing plants will only see some sites "trimmed" said LMC at today's inaugural just-auto intelligence seminar at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, UK.
Global vehicle markets could yet be subject to two massive unknowns even as worldwide financial recovery starts to slowly turn around moribund economies.
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029