just-auto Industry Intelligence Seminars
Our Industry Intelligence Seminars in Birmingham in October and Swindon in November focused on challenges and opportunities faced by UK suppliers and were designed to provide attendees with invaluable information on the latest manufacturing and supplier perspectives from key industry experts and participants across the pan-European marketplace. We've rounded up news from key speakers here.
LMC Automotive has raised the possibility General Motors may have to accelerate its programme of plant restructuring in Europe, while emphasising the need for high-capacity utilisation.
Simon Brimble is vice president of global purchasing for Delphi Powertrain and Delphi EMEA, with responsbility for global commercial aspects of all purchased goods and services. His organisation deals with all supplier quality and development activities, new purchased part readiness and purchasing support for individual business lines.
Eurozone economic difficulties are unlikely to ease before 2015 as governments across the continent wrestle with huge national deficits and fragile consumer confidence.
OEMs looking to be the first to implement commercial applications of autonomous vehicles could steal a substantial march on competitors, a UK conference heard today.
France will have to use radical surgery to address its current chronic overcapacity as the European automotive crisis spreads across mature markets, said one industry analyst.
Global automotive industry figures may indicate another year of record vehicle sales and production, but it feels more like a recession to many, delegates at a just-auto event heard today.
Political difficulities in closing plants will only see some sites "trimmed" said LMC at today's inaugural just-auto intelligence seminar at the National Motorcycle Museum near Birmingham, UK.
Global vehicle markets could yet be subject to two massive unknowns even as worldwide financial recovery starts to slowly turn around moribund economies.
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Honda CR-V update
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- ANALYSIS: Europe's car market in 2014, and 2015
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Salvers look to slash Hoegh list to 5° for tow
- Weather dashes Hoegh tow but heavy list reducing
- Hoegh Osaka due back in Southampton at 17:00 GMT
- Toyota puts the brakes on sales expectations
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market- forecasts to 2029