CLEPA has record Aftermarket Conference attendance
CLEPA had a record attendance this year for its annual Aftermarket Conference in Brussels. ZF Friedrichshafen CEO Stefan Sommer gave a key address - apt as his company is bidding for General Motors' Strasbourg transmissions plant - and he talked to just-auto. French and Scandinavian supplier bodies, FIEV and FKG also spoke to us, as did CLEPA CEO, Jean-Marc Gales, pictured right.
French supplier body, FIEV, is cautioning competitiveness is becoming a "real issue" for the country as the debate surrounding the so-called 'delocalisation' process heats up.
Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, is urging the Swedish government to look to the British model for its domestic automotive industry as the country struggles with the overall European downturn.
Driveline and chassis technology supplier, ZF Friedrichshafen, says it is on track to almost double revenue this year after being severely buffeted in the economic crisis.
ZF Friedrichshafen says its interest in General Motors' Strasbourg transmission plant in Eastern France, is fuelled by a need to significantly ramp up capacity.
European automotive supplier body, CLEPA, is branding as "unfair," recent criticism levelled at the Horizon 2020 initiative calling for some EUR80bn to be invested in innovation across the Continent.
- Q&A: Volvo XC90 chief engineer Håkan Ivarsson
- COMMENT: No wizards needed at US$100 a barrel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Minding the shop
- COMMENT: The diminution of Fiat
- RESEARCH SNAPSHOT: Review of front-end modules
- Magna Steyr to build vehicles for JLR
- Arrested Toyota executive quits
- JLR in talks for Eastern Europe plant
- SUVs continue driving US sales growth
- TRW acquisition by ZF more than 1+1=2: Peter Lake
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Magna International Inc. (MG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global electric light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2029