CLEPA has record Aftermarket Conference attendance
CLEPA had a record attendance this year for its annual Aftermarket Conference in Brussels. ZF Friedrichshafen CEO Stefan Sommer gave a key address - apt as his company is bidding for General Motors' Strasbourg transmissions plant - and he talked to just-auto. French and Scandinavian supplier bodies, FIEV and FKG also spoke to us, as did CLEPA CEO, Jean-Marc Gales, pictured right.
French supplier body, FIEV, is cautioning competitiveness is becoming a "real issue" for the country as the debate surrounding the so-called 'delocalisation' process heats up.
Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, is urging the Swedish government to look to the British model for its domestic automotive industry as the country struggles with the overall European downturn.
Driveline and chassis technology supplier, ZF Friedrichshafen, says it is on track to almost double revenue this year after being severely buffeted in the economic crisis.
ZF Friedrichshafen says its interest in General Motors' Strasbourg transmission plant in Eastern France, is fuelled by a need to significantly ramp up capacity.
European automotive supplier body, CLEPA, is branding as "unfair," recent criticism levelled at the Horizon 2020 initiative calling for some EUR80bn to be invested in innovation across the Continent.
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Big fish eaten by bigger fish
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: The UK's Scotland and EU parallels
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Jaguar launches India assembled XJ
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- GM Holden starts axing engineers - report
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn