CLEPA has record Aftermarket Conference attendance
CLEPA had a record attendance this year for its annual Aftermarket Conference in Brussels. ZF Friedrichshafen CEO Stefan Sommer gave a key address - apt as his company is bidding for General Motors' Strasbourg transmissions plant - and he talked to just-auto. French and Scandinavian supplier bodies, FIEV and FKG also spoke to us, as did CLEPA CEO, Jean-Marc Gales, pictured right.
French supplier body, FIEV, is cautioning competitiveness is becoming a "real issue" for the country as the debate surrounding the so-called 'delocalisation' process heats up.
Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, is urging the Swedish government to look to the British model for its domestic automotive industry as the country struggles with the overall European downturn.
Driveline and chassis technology supplier, ZF Friedrichshafen, says it is on track to almost double revenue this year after being severely buffeted in the economic crisis.
ZF Friedrichshafen says its interest in General Motors' Strasbourg transmission plant in Eastern France, is fuelled by a need to significantly ramp up capacity.
European automotive supplier body, CLEPA, is branding as "unfair," recent criticism levelled at the Horizon 2020 initiative calling for some EUR80bn to be invested in innovation across the Continent.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)