CLEPA has record Aftermarket Conference attendance
CLEPA had a record attendance this year for its annual Aftermarket Conference in Brussels. ZF Friedrichshafen CEO Stefan Sommer gave a key address - apt as his company is bidding for General Motors' Strasbourg transmissions plant - and he talked to just-auto. French and Scandinavian supplier bodies, FIEV and FKG also spoke to us, as did CLEPA CEO, Jean-Marc Gales, pictured right.
French supplier body, FIEV, is cautioning competitiveness is becoming a "real issue" for the country as the debate surrounding the so-called 'delocalisation' process heats up.
Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, is urging the Swedish government to look to the British model for its domestic automotive industry as the country struggles with the overall European downturn.
Driveline and chassis technology supplier, ZF Friedrichshafen, says it is on track to almost double revenue this year after being severely buffeted in the economic crisis.
ZF Friedrichshafen says its interest in General Motors' Strasbourg transmission plant in Eastern France, is fuelled by a need to significantly ramp up capacity.
European automotive supplier body, CLEPA, is branding as "unfair," recent criticism levelled at the Horizon 2020 initiative calling for some EUR80bn to be invested in innovation across the Continent.
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Indian summer for SsangYong - ANALYSIS
- Jaguar Land Rover expands engine plant capacity
- VW Group reins in capital spending
- Bosch investigated for role in VW scandal
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen making progress on diesel emissions fix
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030