The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
Elon's SpaceX ship goes boom 29 Jun 15
Given the attention Tesla EVs attract, it's easy to forget entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk has fingers in other pies - notably operating space ships. Which can be a bit risky...
Parking Assist? As of last night, so last decade. Now BMW has introduced remote controlled parking...
Let the touch screen size war begin 5 Jun 15
With the UK media launch of Volvo's XC90 on this week, a lot of readers are going to be hearing about the car's very intuitive, iPad-like screen I've already complimented...
What to do with an old vehicle plant site once last units have been shipped and the buildings bowled?..
Now that's how to do 'autonomous car' 22 Apr 15
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day...
If in doubt, recall? 13 Apr 15
Ping goes the inbox and there's the weekly recall notification list from the US government's road safety regulator, the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (or NHTSA or even 'Nit-sa' for short in the local vernacular)...
An Opel mule surfaces Stateside 10 Feb 15
If you live in North America and want to buy an Opel, you head for your friendly Buick corner store and drive home in a shiny new Regal built in Canada, though launch models a few years back actually were shipped over from Germany...
The crusher, sale, or resale? 6 Jan 15
While various parties figure out What To Do with the Hoegh Osaka and its valuable cargo of Jaguar Land Rover, Mini, Rolls-Royce and JCB products, here's how things turned out the last time we covered such an event...
Kia's China-only crossover 2 Jan 15
We're well used to China-only models from the long-established foreign automaker players there like Volkswagen and General Motors but now even the (relative) newcomers are getting in on the act...
Honda's Ohio Heritage Center 23 Dec 14
There are various museums back home in Japan but I was not aware of any Japanese automaker setting up a major facility abroad until I received this news about Honda's new US Heritage Center in Marysville, Ohio...
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- COMMENT: McLaren comes of age
- Briefing: Tomorrow's steering systems
- ANALYSIS: Kia 'thinks globally, acts locally'
- ANALYSIS: New Corsa VXR & future Opels/Vauxhalls
- Delphi ramps up acquisitions
- General Motors' $1bn plan includes Halol closure
- Negative pricing pressure in China - Ford
- Iranian suppliers mull UK/US cooperation hope
- General Motors adds $1.9bn to Brazil spend
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030