The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
A little help for vets settling back in 10 May 16
Sadly, returned vets don't always get the help they need, returning to civvy life with physical and mental scars yet to heal fully...
How Fisher Body did it back in the day 29 Apr 16
OK, I know I should get out more, but, as well as being a big fan of current auto manufacturing (BMW is always good for an annual show 'n' tell),..
Servicing a hydrogen fuel cell vehicle 19 Apr 16
According to Toyota GB, the first Mirai in the UK to be booked in for a routine service gave technicians at a north west London dealership the opportunity to put their specialist hydrogen fuel cell training into practice...
Honda Motor's ASIMO robot, in evolving iterations, has been around for years - it's always a smash hit with the public at motor shows or the huge Honda headquarters showroom in downtown Tokyo. Today came news the automaker plans to conduct demonstrations of its 'bipedal humanoid robot' at Narita International Airport for a week from Monday, 28 March to 3 April...
Amid all the expected ra-ra over its 100th birthday, BMW has tacitly acknowledged its use of slave labour to build aero engines during World War Two. The company should be commended for being up-front and, of course, it addresses any awkward questions before they are asked...
Do Toyota designers have children? 2 Mar 16
With the rider I haven't seen one in the metal and the interior apparently is still to be revealed in Toyota's interminable drip-feed of pictures and concepts leading up to the 'production' reveal of the C-HR SUV in Geneva this week, I have one question - do the Calty stylists have children?..
Charity begins with apprentices 26 Feb 16
A lot of good stuff involving charities goes on behind the automaking scenes here in England...
Amphicar goes to Disney World 14 Dec 15
Big kids like me, who love anything automotive or self propelled, were already catered for at various Disney parks in Orlando, Florida, by attractions like Epcot's Test Track and Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom but now comes word of a new experience - Amphicar...
Ford Everest catches fire Down Under 4 Dec 15
Ford's new Everest SUV, a spin off of the popular Thai-built Ranger pickup truck, and, in its latest form, now on sale in more countries, has got off to a bad start in Australia...
Chillin' in the car for over 75 years 30 Nov 15
A small milestone was passed at the weekend - the 28th of November, the US Census Profile America feature tells us, was the day in 1939 at the 40th Chicago auto show, Packard (RIP) unveiled the first US car with air conditioning...
- Volkswagen counts the cost of 'dieselgate'
- THE WEEK - aftermarket player and new products
- ANALYSIS - Jaguar takes on Porsche with F-PACE
- Autumn facelift beckons for Citroen's Family hit
- TowerSec VP on automotive cyber security - Q&A
- Maserati to double Levante SUV output
- Magna to build aluminium casting facility in UK
- Ford says new Fusion hybrid has 610 miles of range
- just-auto takes a break
- Volkswagen nominates 55 FAST suppliers
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market - forecasts to 2030
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (12-month membership)
- Global light vehicle roof systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market - forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE connectivity market - forecasts to 2030