The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
In a pleasing variation of authority using cameras to spy on car drivers, General Motors has come up with a car camera that can be a nosey parker on the valet parker entrusted with the keys to your pride and joy...
Post-merger shake-out 4 Sep 14
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle...
An old friend turns 40 28 Aug 14
A small but not insignificant milestone slipped by earlier this week, perhaps unnoticed by most industry watchers...
Rule Britannia 6 Aug 14
It really does get tiresome when some (deep breath, choose words carefully) 'uninformed' person tells me the UK doesn't have a car industry any more. We do, albeit mostly foreign owned...
The 'Chinese Hummer' 13 Jun 14
You learn something new every day in this business...
Euro NCAP crash tests quadricycles 4 Jun 14
If you drive a quadricycle like the Renault Twizy, I can only suggest: look away now...
Handling's a bit wooden 8 May 14
What do you do if you're retired from VW and apparently got too much time on your hands?..
From the green state to the gas state 29 Apr 14
Lovely irony about Toyota's planned US headquarters move from Texas to California, as pointed out by Green Car Reports...
About those US octane ratings... 14 Apr 14
Interesting comment about my earlier blog on US octane ratings from our Brazilian correspondent Fernando Calmon...
An octane boost for US petrol? 10 Apr 14
Ever been bemused at the low octane ratings of US petrol? Pull up to a pump and you get options like 87, 89, 93...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)