The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
News just in from China suggests a Toyota joint venture there - via a new China-only brand - is readying what might be a decent five door hatchback rival for Nissan's well-entrenched Leaf EV...
Claimed 'first spy shots' of the redesigned 2016 Buick LaCrosse have been obtained by a Chinese autos website. This is the Chinese variant which will be made by the Shanghai-GM joint venture and is included in just-auto's Product Lifecycle Database (PLDB). It will be an important new car line for GM's Buick brand in China, its largest market...
Never mind your Chinese BMW and Land Rover knock-offs. How about this copy of a 1961 Rolls-Royce Phantom?..
Rolls-Royce pretty in pink 11 Sep 15
BMW-owned Rolls-Royce makes a lot of its willingness and ability to create a bespoke car. But I wonder what management and a skilled team of craftsman and women from many different trade backgrounds and countries made of the order from the Chinese distributor for this...
Wind, fire and then locusts? 4 Aug 15
As one who has worked 'down in parts' in a previous life I have not a little sympathy for the warehouse and counter men and women at Hyundai Motor Company Australia's spare parts operation...
Elon's SpaceX ship goes boom 29 Jun 15
Given the attention Tesla EVs attract, it's easy to forget entrepreneur and founder Elon Musk has fingers in other pies - notably operating space ships. Which can be a bit risky...
Parking Assist? As of last night, so last decade. Now BMW has introduced remote controlled parking...
Let the touch screen size war begin 5 Jun 15
With the UK media launch of Volvo's XC90 on this week, a lot of readers are going to be hearing about the car's very intuitive, iPad-like screen I've already complimented...
What to do with an old vehicle plant site once last units have been shipped and the buildings bowled?..
Now that's how to do 'autonomous car' 22 Apr 15
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day...
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Connecting cars in Canada
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Prosecutors eye VW workers for emissions tax evade
- Volkswagen diesel recall in Europe will take year
- Toyota u-turns on Takata inflators in Japan
- Low-carbon may create 66,000 French jobs - report
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030