The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
About those US octane ratings... 14 Apr 14
Interesting comment about my earlier blog on US octane ratings from our Brazilian correspondent Fernando Calmon...
An octane boost for US petrol? 10 Apr 14
Ever been bemused at the low octane ratings of US petrol? Pull up to a pump and you get options like 87, 89, 93...
Car dealers bad for customers? 26 Mar 14
In the inbox this afternoon. Car dealerships are a bad deal for customers...
How CarPlay might work in reality 10 Mar 14
An interesting blog from Forbes contributor Erika Morphy on how Apple's Geneva launched CarPlay - and the inevitable Android rival still under wraps - might work in reality...
What went wrong with the Insight? 5 Mar 14
An interesting Insight from across the pond on what Honda got wrong with two generations of its small hybrid...
If you live there you are probably up to your armpits in the white stuff, frozen solid, with the power off and the heating oil bill up 50%. If not, you might have heard that the midwest and northeast US, and even points far further south than they should be, have had wave after wave of snow and ice storms...
An interesting reality check on Tesla products, now and future, from a US hedge fund manager...
Honey, the bears totalled the Honda... 28 Jan 14
Just days after a Scottish couple had an unexpected encounter with a cub outside their holiday home in Pasadena, from US business news channel CNBC comes this clip showing what some other bears thought of a Honda Element...
Aloominum F-150 - the debate goes on 22 Jan 14
There's been plenty of debate over Ford's decision to use lots of aluminium to lighten its 2015 F-150 pickup truck - hey, if it works for Audi, Jaguar and co, why not?..
Putting a proper motor in the Karma 15 Jan 14
What do you do with an EV sports sedan if the company that sold it to you has gone bust?..
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028