The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
Now that's how to do 'autonomous car' 22 Apr 15
Here's a really heart-warming story about how some of the technology currently being used to develop autonomous cars was used to really make a former racing driver's day...
If in doubt, recall? 13 Apr 15
Ping goes the inbox and there's the weekly recall notification list from the US government's road safety regulator, the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (or NHTSA or even 'Nit-sa' for short in the local vernacular)...
An Opel mule surfaces Stateside 10 Feb 15
If you live in North America and want to buy an Opel, you head for your friendly Buick corner store and drive home in a shiny new Regal built in Canada, though launch models a few years back actually were shipped over from Germany...
The crusher, sale, or resale? 6 Jan 15
While various parties figure out What To Do with the Hoegh Osaka and its valuable cargo of Jaguar Land Rover, Mini, Rolls-Royce and JCB products, here's how things turned out the last time we covered such an event...
Kia's China-only crossover 2 Jan 15
We're well used to China-only models from the long-established foreign automaker players there like Volkswagen and General Motors but now even the (relative) newcomers are getting in on the act...
Honda's Ohio Heritage Center 23 Dec 14
There are various museums back home in Japan but I was not aware of any Japanese automaker setting up a major facility abroad until I received this news about Honda's new US Heritage Center in Marysville, Ohio...
Four years with a Voltwagen 2 Dec 14
This is one of the more interesting long-term tests I've read in a while as a former sell-side analyst turned technology and auto reviewer in the US reports on four years of life with General Motors' Chevrolet Volt - aka the Opel/Vauxhall Ampera...
GM recall: the engineer speaks 14 Nov 14
Finally, a US newspaper has managed to talk to the engineer at the centre of the GM ignition switch recall crisis...
Gloomy news in a recent US TV news report - if you're fat (ahem), you're more likely to be injured in a car crash...
Doughnut time 22 Oct 14
Sometimes the answer to "Why?" can be answered "Just because..." As in this video made by Lexus Poland as part of its launch of the NX mid-size SUV line...
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- A LOOK AROUND: Honda Swindon plant for Civic duty
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- No future for long range EVs - Toyota engineer
- Ford confirms $2.5bn Mexican factory spend
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029