The automotive business blog from Graeme Roberts
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Graeme Roberts.
Four years with a Voltwagen 2 Dec 14
This is one of the more interesting long-term tests I've read in a while as a former sell-side analyst turned technology and auto reviewer in the US reports on four years of life with General Motors' Chevrolet Volt - aka the Opel/Vauxhall Ampera...
GM recall: the engineer speaks 14 Nov 14
Finally, a US newspaper has managed to talk to the engineer at the centre of the GM ignition switch recall crisis...
Gloomy news in a recent US TV news report - if you're fat (ahem), you're more likely to be injured in a car crash...
Doughnut time 22 Oct 14
Sometimes the answer to "Why?" can be answered "Just because..." As in this video made by Lexus Poland as part of its launch of the NX mid-size SUV line...
In a pleasing variation of authority using cameras to spy on car drivers, General Motors has come up with a car camera that can be a nosey parker on the valet parker entrusted with the keys to your pride and joy...
Post-merger shake-out 4 Sep 14
With the Fiat-Chrysler merger now appearing to be on the final straight, this Non Sequitur cartoon about post-merger scenarios gave me a coffee break giggle...
An old friend turns 40 28 Aug 14
A small but not insignificant milestone slipped by earlier this week, perhaps unnoticed by most industry watchers...
Rule Britannia 6 Aug 14
It really does get tiresome when some (deep breath, choose words carefully) 'uninformed' person tells me the UK doesn't have a car industry any more. We do, albeit mostly foreign owned...
The 'Chinese Hummer' 13 Jun 14
You learn something new every day in this business...
Euro NCAP crash tests quadricycles 4 Jun 14
If you drive a quadricycle like the Renault Twizy, I can only suggest: look away now...
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- Review of 2014 (1)
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Bleak Christmas ahead for some
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Ford union to block "even a screwdriver" at Genk
- JLR research removes blind spots
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- NHTSA lists Ford, Jaguar and Porsche recalls
- Bye, Chrysler, hello FCA US
- Global light diesel vehicles market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029