The automotive business blog from Glenn Brooks
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Glenn Brooks.
Is it just me who wonders what BMW is up to by launching a second rival for the Audi A5 Sportback? And what's with the strange model names?..
Last month Qoros sent out a media release stating that a new model would be launched at the Geneva show. What will it be? A Chinese website is claiming to know the answer to that question...
Audi's 2014 Le Mans racer's tech secrets 13 Dec 13
It might have the same name as this year's car but the new Audi R18 is arguably one of the most advanced racing cars yet seen. The company has just issued a media release explaining much of its technology, including details of its flywheel energy storage system...
Nissan is to celebrate its 80th birthday with a 'Heritage Car Parade' in Yokohama on 23rd December...
I'm in Hong Kong, the global headquarters of Infiniti. It's a fascinating market for new vehicle sales: a Toyota battles the Mercedes E-Class for the number one spot...
Daimler might be one manufacturer that is enthusiastic about Google Glass but it seems a highway patrol officer in California was less than happy to see someone wearing the specs...
BMW readies its Zinoro EV brand 30 Oct 13
Remember Zinoro, the brand name which BMW and Brilliance announced at April's Shanghai motor show? Since then we haven't heard much about the project from the JV partners. That looks like it's about to change...
Mercedes W205 C-Class pics are out 29 Oct 13
Seems to be the month for pics of future German cars being finding their way onto the web ahead of schedule. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class is the latest...
Porsche Macan is video-papped in Dubai 24 Oct 13
It had to happen. Just under a month to go before its international debut at the LA auto show and someone has captured a now only lightly disguised Macan on film...
The secret Range Rover super-SUVs 23 Oct 13
Land Rover doesn't want to talk about the future Range Rover Sport R and Evoque R. Yet prototypes have been seen hammering around the Nordschleife...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- PRODUCT EYE: Kia pro_cee'd GT
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Car sales in Western Europe up 5.1% in February
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Ford director emeritus, William Clay Ford, dies
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Auto Parts Manufacturing in China