The automotive business blog from Glenn Brooks
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Glenn Brooks.
Watch the new BMW X4 being built 1 Apr 14
This three and a bit minutes video takes you inside the soon to be expanded plant where BMW makes the new X4...
The return of the shark-nose BMW grille 26 Mar 14
During last week's F-TYPE Coupé launch, its designer mentioned in passing the slightly forward lean of its grille. Which made me think of the way BMWs once were. It seems someone else has been having similar thoughts...
Is it just me who wonders what BMW is up to by launching a second rival for the Audi A5 Sportback? And what's with the strange model names?..
Last month Qoros sent out a media release stating that a new model would be launched at the Geneva show. What will it be? A Chinese website is claiming to know the answer to that question...
Audi's 2014 Le Mans racer's tech secrets 13 Dec 13
It might have the same name as this year's car but the new Audi R18 is arguably one of the most advanced racing cars yet seen. The company has just issued a media release explaining much of its technology, including details of its flywheel energy storage system...
Nissan is to celebrate its 80th birthday with a 'Heritage Car Parade' in Yokohama on 23rd December...
I'm in Hong Kong, the global headquarters of Infiniti. It's a fascinating market for new vehicle sales: a Toyota battles the Mercedes E-Class for the number one spot...
Daimler might be one manufacturer that is enthusiastic about Google Glass but it seems a highway patrol officer in California was less than happy to see someone wearing the specs...
BMW readies its Zinoro EV brand 30 Oct 13
Remember Zinoro, the brand name which BMW and Brilliance announced at April's Shanghai motor show? Since then we haven't heard much about the project from the JV partners. That looks like it's about to change...
Mercedes W205 C-Class pics are out 29 Oct 13
Seems to be the month for pics of future German cars being finding their way onto the web ahead of schedule. The Mercedes-Benz C-Class is the latest...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- PSA issues new business plan
- NYIAS DEBUTS: Multiple updates after 1st Media Day
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM HR and comms chiefs quit
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018