The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
The original 1960s fastback Mustang is one of my all-time favourite car designs...
The product space just below the 'conventional car' is an intriguing one...
Badge snobbery in China 30 Jul 14
Ah, the old chestnut of the promise of the automotive brand, the core brand values and what the brand says about the driver...
Tributes are flowing in for Nick Scheele who has passed away, aged 70...
'Last mile mobility' 20 Jun 14
Thoughts are turning to future mobility today. There's an event on this subject in London next week that I will be attending on Wednesday...
DIY Caterham assembly 10 Jun 14
It's around this time of the year that I get envy attacks when spotting Caterham drivers enjoying themselves in the open air...
I was at the SMMT headquarters in London yesterday for a small media round table with outgoing Ford CEO Alan Mulally...
Bottled exhaust water, courtesy of Honda 16 May 14
Okay, there are some issues with hydrogen fuel cells as a viable automotive powertrain fuel...
An aftermarket innovation impacting JLR 13 May 14
Well, it is maybe not an innovation for people to be all that pleased about...
Urban mobility 7 May 14
As the population of the world decamps from the countryside to work in factories in emerging 'megacities', how the evolving city functions and how goods and people move around sustainably (and without gridlock) are sure to be constant accompanying themes...
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants