The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Well, on average, male and 33.5 years of age, with average annual household income of $175,000. There's some interesting stuff here in a survey of 800 premium brand car customers in China carried out by the Hurun Research Institute...
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places...
AvtoVAZ concession to heat-seeking cats 12 Nov 14
Russia is a tough environment for car companies. Right now, weak demand and possible future overcapacity for some of the big joint venture OEMs is a concern. And the depreciation of the rouble and associated uncertainties is a sizeable worry, also...
The UK car market continues to surprise and was up by 14.2% year-on-year in October. It looks good. There are a few things to note...
Battery range estimation innovation 30 Oct 14
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not all that long...
Tesla story: Forbes takes aim at the WSJ 28 Oct 14
It's rare that a writer on one publication will take direct aim at another publication's work...
Making cars where you sell them makes sense on a number of grounds. It can be a way to save on shipping costs, exploit lower manufacturing costs, avoid import tariffs and reduce exchange rate risks...
just-auto on BBC 24 Oct 14
The Paris Show seems a long time ago now, but I have been sent a link to a BBC news item in which just-auto's editor makes a brief appearance...
Cameron needs alliances in the EU 21 Oct 14
It was interesting to speak with UK prime minister David Cameron yesterday. I didn't have much time, so I went for the European question...
Delphi visit 14 Oct 14
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings...
- ANALYSIS: Hyundai axes Veloster, goes after Toyota
- Review of 2014 (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Bleak Christmas ahead for some
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 2
- ANALYSIS: Future models for North America - Part 1
- Ford union to block "even a screwdriver" at Genk
- JLR research removes blind spots
- Genk mayor organises "loudest shift" as Ford exits
- NHTSA lists Ford, Jaguar and Porsche recalls
- Bye, Chrysler, hello FCA US
- Global light diesel vehicles market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029