The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Trump and Ford 30 Oct 15
The US presidential campaigning that seems to go on forever is something that can look a little perplexing at times to overseas observers...
The car and freedom 15 Oct 15
I was at an industry conference a few days ago and the usual 'megatrends' were present in a number of presentations (typical buzz words and terms: 'urbanisation', 'megacities', 'digitisation', 'connectivity', 'autonomous', 'sharing economy', 'disruptors', 'new mobility' - you get the picture)...
Winterkorn a detail man... 12 Oct 15
An interesting video clip on YouTube shows Martin Winterkorn and his entourage looking over a Hyundai at a motor show...
Questions on VW's corporate culture 25 Sep 15
It's been quite a week for Volkswagen. The unfolding diesel emissions scandal is one of those stories that, as journalists love to say, has legs...
Europe's biggest motor show has not disappointed in 2015...
Nissan's Qashqai has been an enormously successful model in Europe and the company is now looking to sales of that model in other parts of the world. The smaller Juke, also built in the UK, has also been pretty successful...
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?..
'Make hay while the sun shines' is an old saying that underlines the importance of making the most of clement conditions while you can, for tomorrow, weather conditions may not be so favourable...
Ex-Top Gear team moves to Amazon Prime 30 Jul 15
Well, the news today that the Top Gear presenter trio plus producer Andy Wilman will produce a new show broadcast on the Amazon Prime video streaming service comes as no great surprise...
Honda: a bit more than a car company 22 Jul 15
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination...
- Volvo's engine and platform independence progress
- CEO says Citroen wants to be quirky again
- THE WEEK THAT WAS - Connecting cars in Canada
- ANALYSIS: VW's self-defeating defeat devices
- Advanced tech previews from OEMs - PLDB
- Takata manipulated test results back to 2000
- Audi suspends two engineers over US diesel V6
- Volkswagen diesel recall in Europe will take year
- Toyota u-turns on Takata inflators in Japan
- Low-carbon may create 66,000 French jobs - report
- Global light vehicle instrumentation and cockpits market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electronic braking market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE mirrors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle roof systems market- forecasts to 2030