The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Zlatan says, buy a Volvo 1 Jun 16
Volvo Cars is teaming up with footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic for the European launch campaign of the V90 premium estate. He's an enigmatic chap, for sure, but he can certainly play football...
LMC Automotive has a forecasting event with a very strong European focus coming up...
Earlier this year, Opel said that CEO Karl-Thomas Neumann would expand his social communication activities to LinkedIn as a member of the "influencer" programme limited to 500 participants worldwide..
We’re well into Q1 results season and there are one or two interesting straws in the wind...
just-auto takes a break 29 Apr 16
It is raining and unseasonably cool here in the UK, a sure sign that a national holiday is imminent...
Mitsubishi's not-so-happy history 20 Apr 16
Mitsubishi is in the news today and it reminded me of a bit of history. Some of you may recall the auto industry and Japanese public were stunned when it emerged in the summer of 2000 that Mitsubishi had systematically hid auto defects to avoid recalls for more than 20 years...
Queen of Parts 18 Apr 16
The Queen celebrates her 90th birthday on Thursday this week (April 21)...
Tesla charms again 6 Apr 16
I just looked at Tesla Motors stock price and it’s been moving up since February...
Ken Block and his doughnuts/donuts 15 Mar 16
There has been something of a media furore in the UK this week involving filming for the news series of BBC's Top Gear...
Nissan's 'self-parking office chairs' 22 Feb 16
Have to admit, this made me laugh. Nissan has come up with a tidy solution to the age-old problem of wandering chairs in the open plan office...
- Brexit could lift UK auto production – Asian view
- Ford and Lincoln future models into the 2020s
- Audi S8 plus - if 585PS just isn’t enough power
- BMW's factory modifications for ageing workforce
- Rise of the manufacturing ‘bots - Comment
- Mixed reaction to Tesla's latest plans
- Why has Teslamotors.com become Tesla.com?
- General Motors Europe in profit as records tumble
- Hyundai's Genesis G90 outsells German luxury cars
- Ford announces management changes in Europe