The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
We're having more conversations with industry folk who are wondering where the Ukraine's crisis could lead...
Go Fun Yourself 5 Mar 14
I have always liked Toyota's attitude with the marketing of the little Aygo, a fun and low-cost car aimed at young buyers (remember the Aygo football game?)...
Qoros of approval for 3 Hatch 5 Mar 14
Chinese-Israeli manufacturer Qoros showed its hatchback in Geneva this year...
Geneva 4 Mar 14
Have made it to Geneva via an early flight out of London Gatwick...
Panasonic is one of the companies looking at partnering with Tesla on its plans for a big new facility dedicated to lithium ion battery production...
We'd like to buy you lunch 24 Feb 14
By now you must have noticed our new website design. A fair few of you have told us what you think of the changes, and I'm pleased to report that the feedback so far has been very positive...
We'd like to know how you feel about some of the big issues facing you, your company and the auto industry in the year ahead - the challenges, market prospects and so on...
Look, I don't seek out things like this. I was on Volvo Group's website looking for serious stuff about trucks and then I stumbled on a release about an 'Epic Split' featuring the actor sometimes known as 'muscles from Brussels'..
Muppets score for Toyota 3 Feb 14
Can't help smiling at the Super Bowl Toyota commercial that featured the Muppets. It's very well done. Sounds like the Muppets are about to have something of a revival...
UK car market as 'sponge' 24 Jan 14
I had an interesting chat with the head of the UK distribution arm for an international car brand this week...
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Geely to axe domestic brands
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Car sales in Western Europe up 5.1% in February
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028