The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Battery range estimation innovation 30 Oct 14
EV battery range is an interesting area, not least because any discrepancy between claimed range and actual could be pretty significant when margins for error are low and distances travelled are not all that long...
Tesla story: Forbes takes aim at the WSJ 28 Oct 14
It's rare that a writer on one publication will take direct aim at another publication's work...
Making cars where you sell them makes sense on a number of grounds. It can be a way to save on shipping costs, exploit lower manufacturing costs, avoid import tariffs and reduce exchange rate risks...
just-auto on BBC 24 Oct 14
The Paris Show seems a long time ago now, but I have been sent a link to a BBC news item in which just-auto's editor makes a brief appearance...
Cameron needs alliances in the EU 21 Oct 14
It was interesting to speak with UK prime minister David Cameron yesterday. I didn't have much time, so I went for the European question...
Delphi visit 14 Oct 14
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings...
Henry Ford's house 13 Oct 14
A tour of Detroit at the weekend brought me to Henry Ford's house...
Ford Flex 11 Oct 14
I'm in Detroit at the moment - here to participate in a conference yesterday, followed by a round of company visits and interviews over the next week or so...
The just-auto Readership Survey 2014 7 Oct 14
We have just launched our first readership survey in two years...
Paris Show: I want that one 2 Oct 14
Busy day today in Paris. Interviews, people to see, cars to get a look at...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- Management briefing: India automotive update (1)
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018