The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Tributes are flowing in for Nick Scheele who has passed away, aged 70...
'Last mile mobility' 20 Jun 14
Thoughts are turning to future mobility today. There's an event on this subject in London next week that I will be attending on Wednesday...
DIY Caterham assembly 10 Jun 14
It's around this time of the year that I get envy attacks when spotting Caterham drivers enjoying themselves in the open air...
I was at the SMMT headquarters in London yesterday for a small media round table with outgoing Ford CEO Alan Mulally...
Bottled exhaust water, courtesy of Honda 16 May 14
Okay, there are some issues with hydrogen fuel cells as a viable automotive powertrain fuel...
An aftermarket innovation impacting JLR 13 May 14
Well, it is maybe not an innovation for people to be all that pleased about...
Urban mobility 7 May 14
As the population of the world decamps from the countryside to work in factories in emerging 'megacities', how the evolving city functions and how goods and people move around sustainably (and without gridlock) are sure to be constant accompanying themes...
UK car sales data, by nation 7 May 14
I know people around the world sometimes find this a bit confusing - and understandably really - but the UK currently comprises four constituent countries: England, Scotland (deciding later this year whether to be independent), Wales and Northern Ireland...
FCA, what's the thinking? 6 May 14
Okay, we're digesting today's announcements, analysis of the five-year strategy for Fiat-Chrysler is in the works...
While writing a comment piece on Alan Mulally's Ford legacy earlier, I was reminded of my meeting with him in his office a few years ago...
- Swallowing Fiat-Chrysler 'would be bad for VW'
- Audi TDI tech is 25 years of age
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Driving the Swedish nanny state
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Roasting in Kia's Mojave oven
- COMMENT: Has ZF fired M&A starting gun with TRW?
- Sir Nick Scheele dies
- Volvo claims two safety firsts for XC90
- Nissan learns from India mistakes
- Fiat denies merger talks with VW
- Rule change hits 'free charger' offers for EVs
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- New Cars: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018