The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
The latest issue of Lotus Engineering's proActive is out...
Ricky Gervais and Audi A3 US ads 18 Mar 14
Comedian Ricky Gervais is fronting ads in the US for the new Audi A3 sedan. I quite liked this spot called 'Names'...
We're having more conversations with industry folk who are wondering where the Ukraine's crisis could lead...
Go Fun Yourself 5 Mar 14
I have always liked Toyota's attitude with the marketing of the little Aygo, a fun and low-cost car aimed at young buyers (remember the Aygo football game?)...
Qoros of approval for 3 Hatch 5 Mar 14
Chinese-Israeli manufacturer Qoros showed its hatchback in Geneva this year...
Geneva 4 Mar 14
Have made it to Geneva via an early flight out of London Gatwick...
Panasonic is one of the companies looking at partnering with Tesla on its plans for a big new facility dedicated to lithium ion battery production...
We'd like to buy you lunch 24 Feb 14
By now you must have noticed our new website design. A fair few of you have told us what you think of the changes, and I'm pleased to report that the feedback so far has been very positive...
We'd like to know how you feel about some of the big issues facing you, your company and the auto industry in the year ahead - the challenges, market prospects and so on...
Look, I don't seek out things like this. I was on Volvo Group's website looking for serious stuff about trucks and then I stumbled on a release about an 'Epic Split' featuring the actor sometimes known as 'muscles from Brussels'..
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- PRODUCT EYE: Audi RS Q3
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- Q&A with Tenneco: Energy recovery technologies
- PSA issues new business plan
- BEIJING DEBUTS: Volvo S60L PPHEV concept
- NYIAS DEBUTS: next Mazda MX-5 Miata preview
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- The bubble car is back, fit for the 21st century
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028