The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Cameron needs alliances in the EU 21 Oct 14
It was interesting to speak with UK prime minister David Cameron yesterday. I didn't have much time, so I went for the European question...
Delphi visit 14 Oct 14
I've been visiting powertrain people at Delphi today, hearing about some of the fascinating stuff going on there to yield engine efficiency savings...
Henry Ford's house 13 Oct 14
A tour of Detroit at the weekend brought me to Henry Ford's house...
Ford Flex 11 Oct 14
I'm in Detroit at the moment - here to participate in a conference yesterday, followed by a round of company visits and interviews over the next week or so...
The just-auto Readership Survey 2014 7 Oct 14
We have just launched our first readership survey in two years...
Paris Show: I want that one 2 Oct 14
Busy day today in Paris. Interviews, people to see, cars to get a look at...
TRW and ZF 15 Sep 14
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar...
On this day... 11 Sep 14
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show...
The original 1960s fastback Mustang is one of my all-time favourite car designs...
The product space just below the 'conventional car' is an intriguing one...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)