The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Honda: a bit more than a car company 22 Jul 15
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination...
It's a recurring theme. We seem to be on the cusp of big changes that will profoundly impact car manufacturers, technology providers, component suppliers and all of us who move around - especially city dwellers...
just-auto sales role opportunity 18 Jun 15
I'll get straight to the point, no meandering. We have a brand new sales role opportunity here at just-auto...
Is Tesla really disruptive? 8 Jun 15
I have come across some interesting food for thought on the subject of Tesla and how disruptive its innovative e-tech really is in an article in the Harvard Business Review...
Luc Donckerwolke quits Bentley 5 Jun 15
The departure of head designer Luc Donckerwolke from Bentley (replacement found) is an interesting one, not least for the question of where he will pop up next...
Radio is a media medium that fascinates me...
I was at an event yesterday organised by the UK's automotive trade association, the SMMT. It was a drive event at Millbrook Proving Ground...
The dinosaurs are back 19 May 15
The dinosaurs are back? No, that's not a reference to the Top Gear Three who are reportedly readying for a Netflix rebirth...
When you think of Audi what springs to mind? For me, it's still the elegance, performance and advanced technologies typified by the first generation A8 that came to market in the mid-90s...
Renault's 2014 Annual Report is now out, released at yesterday's AGM at which the French government and Carlos Ghosn were competing for voting rights...
- ANALYSIS: Making sense of China's sales volatility
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Toyota's FCV cometh
- VA: Minnow Mitsubishi not short on L200 claims
- Kia UK MD on how to raise brand pricing
- Q&A: Kia MD sees 100,000 sales in UK
- JCI confirms auto exit as supplier eddies swirl
- Mitsubishi ending US production
- FCA to recall 1,060,531 Ram trucks
- FRANKFURT DEBUTS LIST: Ferrari 488 Spider added
- Fiat Chrysler cops record penalty from NHTSA
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE tyres market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2030