The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Questions on VW's corporate culture 25 Sep 15
It's been quite a week for Volkswagen. The unfolding diesel emissions scandal is one of those stories that, as journalists love to say, has legs...
Europe's biggest motor show has not disappointed in 2015...
Nissan's Qashqai has been an enormously successful model in Europe and the company is now looking to sales of that model in other parts of the world. The smaller Juke, also built in the UK, has also been pretty successful...
In the last two days, the Chinese yuan has lost around 3% of its value and that has made headlines. Is it really very significant?..
'Make hay while the sun shines' is an old saying that underlines the importance of making the most of clement conditions while you can, for tomorrow, weather conditions may not be so favourable...
Ex-Top Gear team moves to Amazon Prime 30 Jul 15
Well, the news today that the Top Gear presenter trio plus producer Andy Wilman will produce a new show broadcast on the Amazon Prime video streaming service comes as no great surprise...
Honda: a bit more than a car company 22 Jul 15
Car companies that do other things besides making cars always provide a certain fascination...
It's a recurring theme. We seem to be on the cusp of big changes that will profoundly impact car manufacturers, technology providers, component suppliers and all of us who move around - especially city dwellers...
just-auto sales role opportunity 18 Jun 15
I'll get straight to the point, no meandering. We have a brand new sales role opportunity here at just-auto...
Is Tesla really disruptive? 8 Jun 15
I have come across some interesting food for thought on the subject of Tesla and how disruptive its innovative e-tech really is in an article in the Harvard Business Review...
- COMMENT: Tesla Model X - the elephant in the room
- Europe diesel forecasts revised down
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Volkswagen, diesel, recalls
- PSA Peugeot Citroen CEO Carlos Tavares interview
- COMMENT: Where will VW 'emissionsgate' end?
- Prosecutors u-turn on Winterkorn probe
- Volkswagen UK recalls 1.2m group diesels
- Defiant Bosch backs diesel but quiet on Volkswagen
- Tesla starts Model X deliveries
- New VW CEO replaces PR chief
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle electric motors market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle OE glazing market- forecasts to 2030