The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Range Rover Evoque's Chinese clone 21 Apr 15
Jiangling brand Landwind is causing waves at Shanghai with its X7 SUV that bears a very strong resemblance to Land Rover's hugely successful Range Rover Evoque...
Top Gear's storm in a teacup 12 Mar 15
Overseas readers may be picking up media reports of a 'fracas' and a presenter's suspension at popular BBC TV programme Top Gear and wondering what's going on...
General Motors' European chief, Karl-Thomas Neumann, was on good form in Geneva this week...
This was the scene in Monaco yesterday morning as a group of UK journalists set out on a drive to Geneva from Monaco in some old and new Vauxhall cars...
Toyota Mirai - more than meets the eye 25 Feb 15
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mirais a day...
I, Robot and Audi 12 Feb 15
Interesting development in the news at Audi. There's a robot on the assembly line that works with the humans...
Does it make sense for Uber to be very interested in the business opportunity presented by taking the driver out of the cab?..
Europe: thoughts on currency movements 16 Jan 15
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts...
2015 Detroit Show's sunny backdrop 13 Jan 15
It's very cold this week in Detroit, but the weather for North America's auto industry is set pretty fair - for now...
There's a useful reminder in a recent study of the two sides of the coin that come with 'zero-emission vehicles'...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Lotus celebrates production milestone
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029