The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
TRW and ZF 15 Sep 14
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar...
On this day... 11 Sep 14
Here we are again. September 11. On that day in 2001, I was in Frankfurt at the auto show...
The original 1960s fastback Mustang is one of my all-time favourite car designs...
The product space just below the 'conventional car' is an intriguing one...
Badge snobbery in China 30 Jul 14
Ah, the old chestnut of the promise of the automotive brand, the core brand values and what the brand says about the driver...
Tributes are flowing in for Nick Scheele who has passed away, aged 70...
'Last mile mobility' 20 Jun 14
Thoughts are turning to future mobility today. There's an event on this subject in London next week that I will be attending on Wednesday...
DIY Caterham assembly 10 Jun 14
It's around this time of the year that I get envy attacks when spotting Caterham drivers enjoying themselves in the open air...
I was at the SMMT headquarters in London yesterday for a small media round table with outgoing Ford CEO Alan Mulally...
Bottled exhaust water, courtesy of Honda 16 May 14
Okay, there are some issues with hydrogen fuel cells as a viable automotive powertrain fuel...
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Peugeot Quartz concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn