The automotive business blog from Dave Leggett
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Dave Leggett.
Toyota Mirai - more than meets the eye 25 Feb 15
The short films available on YouTube showing Toyota's Mirai hydrogen fuel-cell being made are well worth a look (as noted by previous blog). The Motomachi plant in Toyota City is churning out three Mirais a day...
I, Robot and Audi 12 Feb 15
Interesting development in the news at Audi. There's a robot on the assembly line that works with the humans...
Does it make sense for Uber to be very interested in the business opportunity presented by taking the driver out of the cab?..
Europe: thoughts on currency movements 16 Jan 15
Interesting news today that Ford is significantly raising output of the Fiesta in Germany in Q1 (other models, too, but mainly Fiesta). The move prompts a number of thoughts...
2015 Detroit Show's sunny backdrop 13 Jan 15
It's very cold this week in Detroit, but the weather for North America's auto industry is set pretty fair - for now...
There's a useful reminder in a recent study of the two sides of the coin that come with 'zero-emission vehicles'...
Well, on average, male and 33.5 years of age, with average annual household income of $175,000. There's some interesting stuff here in a survey of 800 premium brand car customers in China carried out by the Hurun Research Institute...
Some interesting observations here on road safety, its costs and the risks you may run if you choose to cycle or walk, rather than drive, in some places...
AvtoVAZ concession to heat-seeking cats 12 Nov 14
Russia is a tough environment for car companies. Right now, weak demand and possible future overcapacity for some of the big joint venture OEMs is a concern. And the depreciation of the rouble and associated uncertainties is a sizeable worry, also...
The UK car market continues to surprise and was up by 14.2% year-on-year in October. It looks good. There are a few things to note...
- Volvo UK specs up seven seat XC90 redesign
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes smart brand's last chance?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Hobnobbing with the A-listers
- Management briefing: 48V mild hybrids (2)
- ANALYSIS: Suzuki's new brand flagship - Vitara
- Geneva show list updated
- UK: Aston Martin to reveal future models strategy
- Ricardo unveils new prototype electric motor
- Honda chief quits
- Audi plots 2020 expansion strategy
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates - Latest Monthly Update
- Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)