There are signs of a revival in the UK automotive supplier industry, but a sense of perspective is needed, says Dave Leggett....
Just back from what was my first ever Honda launch event to bring you news of the 2015 CR-V update for Europe, majoring, of course on a new...
When you already have a vehicle that is a major success (outselling all car models in the US in December) and one of the most popular models...
It's still 2014, but not for much longer. In the global automotive business, plenty happened in 2014. Seasoned observer Dave Leggett offers...
Nexteer, the former GM Saginaw steering division, has flourished under the ownership of China-based Pacific Century Motors its owner since 2011. Calum MacRae caught up with Nexteer’s president and COO Laurent Bresson at the recent NAIAS.
Dr. Jens Sommer has worked as Senior Transmission Expert in Shell Global Solutions in Germany since 2010. Currently, he is based at Shell's new Technology Centre in Shanghai to support local OEMs. As Senior Transmission Expert, Dr. Sommer is in charge of manual transmission and dry dual clutch transmission fluid development activities, which covers passenger cars as well as heavy duty applications.
TRW Automotive Holdings says its TRW Automotive subsidiary has inked a definitive agreement to divest its linkage and suspension business for US$400m in cash, subject to working capital and other adjustments, to THK.
ZF has got the green light from EU competition authorities for its proposed takeover of TRW.
Former ZF Lenksysteme will now be known as Robert Bosch Automotive Steering.
ZF Friedrichshafen has posted 2014 sales growth of 9% to EUR18.4bn (US$19.8bn), with EBIT up 36% to EUR1.1bn.
ZF Friedrichshafen is set to receive conditional antitrust approval from the European Union for its proposed acquisition of TRW Automotive for US$13.5bn, people with knowledge of the matter said.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar.
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining.
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
ZF Friedrichshafen AG (ZF) is an automotive company. The company manufactures and markets automotive parts for the automotive industry. Its products include transmission components, steering systems,...
Global Off-Highway Hybrid Commercial Vehicle Components Mark
The use of hybrid technology was prominent in passenger cars earlier; however, advances in technology have ensured its widespread adoption in vehicles other than passenger cars. Also, rise in fuel pri...
Advanced Suspension System Trends
Advanced suspension systems are relatively new electronically-controlled systems that enhance vehicle stability, road handling and ride quality. These systems use a lightweight material; as well as fa...
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- A LOOK AROUND: Honda Swindon plant for Civic duty
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- No future for long range EVs - Toyota engineer
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- BMW to recall 91,800 US Mini Coopers
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029