OK, OK, I admit it - just-auto.com this week is looking a bit like Assembly Plant News.com...
It has been another busy year for us on just-auto. We have covered the global automotive industry news, brought you interviews with key peop...
On the whole, I think I'll bill the seven days just passed (TGIF) as largely good news week....
The global transmissions market has changed rapidly in the recent past. The requirement for greater fuel efficiency in particular has broug...
Richard Tucker is responsible for the technology development for Shell's commercial and industrial lubricants and fuels. Prior to 2006, when he was appointed to the role, Richard held a number of marketing roles for Shell in the automotive and auto components industry. He talked to Simon Warburton at Shell's recent Energy and Technology Forum near Paris.
There have been some advances made to shock absorbers (dampers) which may be referred to as trends. To improve ride comfort without adding to cost, manufacturers are creating a longer shock absorber movement. Another clear trend in the shocks sector is integrating more electronics. Here, Matthew Beecham talked with executives of ZF about the challenges of developing vehicle suspensions for emerging markets, NVH improved dampers and adoption of electronic suspension technologies.
ZF Friedrichshafen said it was ramping up "its commitment in India" with the construction of a new plant in Pune.
ZF Friedrichshafen has appointed Rudi von Meister, 56, to the newly-created role of president of Asia-Pacific with headquarters in Shanghai.
The joint venture between ZF Friedrichshafen and Kamaz, Russia’s largest commercial vehicle manufacturer, has officially opened its new production facility in Naberezhnye Chelny to assemble the Ecomid and Ecosplit commercial vehicle transmissions.
Shanghai-listed Zhuzhou Times New Material Technology (TMT) has signed an agreement with ZF Friedrichshafen to acquire its rubber & plastics business unit which will be carved out and transferred into a new company.
ZF Friedrichshafen will end 2013 with a 10% increase in sales to an anticipated EUR17bn (US$23bn), driven by new plants in the US and China, high demand for car driveline and chassis technology and a healthy upswing in commercial vehicles, the company said.
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining.
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detaile...
Advanced Suspension System Trends
Advanced suspension systems are relatively new electronically-controlled systems that enhance vehicle stability, road handling and ride quality. These systems use a lightweight material; as well as fa...
Global All-wheel and 4-wheel Drive Vehicle Market 2014-2018
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global All-wheel and 4-wheel Drive Vehicle market to grow at a CAGR of 3.13 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market grow...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- GM CEO recall comments draw senator's retort
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028