The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
Memo to self - be a little less facetious. Put 'off on a desert safari' in my Skype status to explain my absence and was greeted on return w...
Is ZF Friedrichshafen's mooted takeover of TRW Automotive a ploy to smooth the peaks and troughs of any future recession?...
The boffins at Jaguar Land Rover revealed this week that they have come up with something akin to an on-board assistant built into your car....
Richard Tucker is responsible for the technology development for Shell's commercial and industrial lubricants and fuels. Prior to 2006, when he was appointed to the role, Richard held a number of marketing roles for Shell in the automotive and auto components industry. He talked to Simon Warburton at Shell's recent Energy and Technology Forum near Paris.
There have been some advances made to shock absorbers (dampers) which may be referred to as trends. To improve ride comfort without adding to cost, manufacturers are creating a longer shock absorber movement. Another clear trend in the shocks sector is integrating more electronics. Here, Matthew Beecham talked with executives of ZF about the challenges of developing vehicle suspensions for emerging markets, NVH improved dampers and adoption of electronic suspension technologies.
ZF's plans to acquire TRW have reportedly hit an obstacle caused by ZF's longer than expected negotiations to exit a joint venture with Bosch.
ZF Friedrichshafen is said to be in advanced talks to acquire TRW Automotive Holdings in a deal estimated at nearly US$12bn.
TRW - a supplier that has attracted M&A interest from ZF - has beaten expectations to report second quarter net profit up 7% to $265m.
In another sign of a pick-up in supplier activity, family-owned Hella Hueck is reported to be planning an initial public offering later this year.
ZF is considerably expanding its headquarters for China and Asia-Pacific in Shanghai: the space for offices, laboratories, and test benches will almost be quadrupled from 11,000 sq m to 54,000 sq m.
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining.
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detaile...
Advanced Suspension System Trends
Advanced suspension systems are relatively new electronically-controlled systems that enhance vehicle stability, road handling and ride quality. These systems use a lightweight material; as well as fa...
Global Electric Power Steering Market 2012-2016
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Electric Power Steering market to grow at a CAGR of 13.44 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the i...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018