The Paris show, of course, was the big event this week and just-auto was there in force....
The big news this week was the long-expected announcement ZF would swallow TRW whole, re-establishing the respected chassis systems and safe...
After reaching agreement to purchase TRW, 2015 is shaping up to be the most momentous year in ZF's long history. Colin Whitbread considers t...
The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
Interview with Rob Rickell, Senior Vice President Global Engineering, Principal Engineer, GKN plc. At the recent Paris Show, Calum MacRae caught up with him to discuss technology developments in the AWD market such as driveline disconnect and e-axles.
Richard Tucker is responsible for the technology development for Shell's commercial and industrial lubricants and fuels. Prior to 2006, when he was appointed to the role, Richard held a number of marketing roles for Shell in the automotive and auto components industry. He talked to Simon Warburton at Shell's recent Energy and Technology Forum near Paris.
ZF's UK passenger car axle assembly plant, ZF Lemforder at Solihull, on Tuesday (30 September) marked its 10th anniversary.
ZF CEO Dr Stefan Sommer has said that he has received "only positive feedback after announcing this acquisition [of TRW] in the spirit of partnership".
Bosch plans to buy full control of its home-appliance joint venture from partner Siemens for EUR3bn in a move being seen as a strategic play as big automotive suppliers vie to exploit competitive strengths in the wake of ZF's deal to acquire TRW.
GAZ Group's Gorky automobile plant has begun production of a new, medium-duty truck called the GAZon Next.
TRW says it is in a strong position to provide rapidly increasing functionality associated with modern vehicles as driver assist systems (DAS) come increasingly to the fore.
We're digesting the news that TRW will be (subject to the usual approvals) acquired by ZF. Looks like ZF has paid top dollar.
My first Society of Automotive Analysts (SAA) Outlook Conference yesterday (12 January) afternoon in the renovated Cobo Center in downtown Detroit and a pretty impressive 150 delegates made the sessions lively and entertaining.
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
ZF Friedrichshafen AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detaile...
Advanced Suspension System Trends
Advanced suspension systems are relatively new electronically-controlled systems that enhance vehicle stability, road handling and ride quality. These systems use a lightweight material; as well as fa...
Global All-wheel and 4-wheel Drive Vehicle Market 2014-2018
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global All-wheel and 4-wheel Drive Vehicle market to grow at a CAGR of 3.13 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market grow...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)