If you make executive or luxury cars, you're helped by theoretically naturally higher margins than brands in the volume segments can achieve...
I submit, yeronner, brain fade, the leap straight from summer holiday to Swedish presser and an exceptionally busy week for the delay in thi...
The news this week was a mixed bag with some positives and negatives....
Being more or less permanently welded to the just-auto newsdesk, I don't get out much though, after this week's experience of overcrowded tr...
Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Port plant is currently on tickover and operating at around 65% capacity. But that is about to change, as Martyn Cray, the plant's director, tells Tony Lewis.
Newly-appointed managing director of Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, Fredrik Sidahl, was 25 years with Volvo before working for Saab. In the first of two interviews, he talked to Simon Warburton in his Gothenburg office about the collapse of the iconic Swedish brand and gave some frank views on the government's attempts to save it.
Volvo says it is to start a third shift at its Torslanda plant in Western Sweden, creating around 1,300 new jobs.
National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) says it has slashed its monthly operating budget from SEK200m (US$27.7m) to just SEK35m, as it continues its reorganisation period.
Nevs, which has been attempting to revive Saab car models, said it would lay off up to 200 employees due to lack of work, because "the decision to re-start production will be further delayed".
The District court of Vänersborg, Sweden, on Friday (29 August) approved the application for reorganisation from Saab owner National Electric Vehicle Sweden.
NEVS, which has been attempting to revive Saab, has announced that, while it fully intends to pay creditors, it has nonetheless entered administration so as "to create more time for negotiations" [with potential investors].
There's all manner of interesting stuff in this document, which has surfaced on the web. Such as some supposed future models for the brand. And the possibility that Saab will become a contract assembler.
My hotel in Gothenburg's hosting an undertaker's company conference - not something I've ever encountered before - but it is and a cheerful bunch they are too.
Saab Automobile AB - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnersh
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
CNG Vehicle Market in Europe 2012-2016
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Vehicle market in Europe to grow at a CAGR of 16.84 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market...
Global electrified light vehicles market- forecasts to 2018
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Mitsubishi's top-selling PHEV
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Daimler restructures cooperation with Tesla
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)