The month of December is generally one of the quieter ones in the automotive news reporting calendar, but there was plenty going on last wee...
Last week (10 October) saw Scandinavian components body, FKG's Annual Suppliers Forum in Gothenburg, attended by 450 delegates. Grouped here...
This week is probably best described as a mixed bag, full of interesting, mostly positive and wide-ranging news....
Quick starter for 10: the car that comes first to mind on hearing the word 'fastback' is? In my case: 'classic' mid-1960s Ford Mustang....
Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Port plant is currently on tickover and operating at around 65% capacity. But that is about to change, as Martyn Cray, the plant's director, tells Tony Lewis.
Newly-appointed managing director of Scandinavian supplier body, FKG, Fredrik Sidahl, was 25 years with Volvo before working for Saab. In the first of two interviews, he talked to Simon Warburton in his Gothenburg office about the collapse of the iconic Swedish brand and gave some frank views on the government's attempts to save it.
National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS) says it is looking to hire up to 100 more staff at the start of next year as it gradually ramps up production, but is steering clear of revealing volume or break-even targets.
National Electric Vehicle Sweden on Monday (2 December, 2013) started production of the Saab 9-3 Aero sedan with two litre, turbocharged petrol engine. Electric versions will follow early in 2014.
National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS), Saab's new owner, will start series production of the revived 9-3 on Monday (2 December, 2013).
Saab Automobile Part's change of name to Orio is driven to an extent by a wish to leave an image of the past behind, says the component supplier.
Saab owner, National Electric Vehicle Sweden (NEVS), says it is aiming to finalise negotiations "in the next few weeks" with around ten suppliers as it looks to tie up its component plans.
My hotel in Gothenburg's hosting an undertaker's company conference - not something I've ever encountered before - but it is and a cheerful bunch they are too.
Autumn has arrived with a vengance in this part of Western Sweden where I am for the FKG Annual Suppliers Forum tomorrow (10 October), a fact made very obvious out of my train window en route from Gothenburg to Saab's hometown of Trollhattan.
Saab Automobile AB - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnersh
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global electrified light vehicles market 2007 to 2018
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global electrified vehicles sector, major OEM developments, top 14 markets, technology trends and market projections. Use this...
CNG Vehicle Market in Europe 2011-2015
TechNavio's report, the CNG Vehicle Market in Europe 2011-2015, has been prepared based on an in-depth analysis of the market with inputs from industry experts. The report focuses on the CNG Vehicle m...
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028