I was with Magna International this week at its 'Bumper to Bumper' Innovations Day in Munich, where the global supplier was showcasing some...
PSA's Carlos Tavares wasted little time getting his feet under the CEO's table before announcing he was getting the pruning knife out to hac...
A busy week with a lot happening on many fronts. Most interesting for me - and most read by you - was an announcement from Suzuki in Japan a...
As ringing endorsements go, it didn't exactly smack of complete reassurance....
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with global component manufacturers, Matthew Beecham spoke to Karl-Friedrich Stracke, President Fahrzeugtechnik & Engineering of Magna Steyr about its MILA Blue concept, lightweight technologies and tomorrow's powertrain.
Jake Hirsch has worked in the automotive supply industry for 30 years, including as president and CEO of Teksid Aluminium, CEO of Textron Fastening Systems; managing director of TRW Occupant Restraints and COO at Magna Europe where he was also a member of the Board of Directors. He talked to Simon Warburton in Detroit about some of the challenges and opportunities in the business.
Magna has posted second quarter net income up 22% to US$510m with sales of US$9.46bn, an increase of 6% compared to last year.
Magna International has announced the expansion of its interiors manufacturing facility in Trnava, Slovakia, to accommodate recently awarded additional automotive interiors business.
With an aim to win vehicle engineering contracts in China, Magna Steyr is planning to make acquisitions in the country.
The Nedcar plant - former home of DAF, Volvo and Mitsubishi vehicles - has been officially (re)opened by King Willem-Alexander as a Mini hatchback contract assembler 18 months after Mitsubishi sold it.
Nissan executive vice president Andy Palmer recently tweeted Infiniti president Johan de Nysschen's confirmation the Q30 premium compact car and the QX30 crossover would be built in the UK (Sunderland) from next year.
Huge sheets of ice are progressing in a stately manner down the Detroit River outside the Cobo and with forecast of snow this afternoon, it will feel more like Michigan in January than yesterday's almost balmy temperatures.
Magna International, Inc. - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Pa
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth act......
Global Autonomous Parking Market 2014-2018
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Autonomous Parking market to grow at a CAGR of 19.39 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the enhanc...
Global Automotive Park Assist Systems Market 2014-2018
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Automotive Park Assist Systems market to grow at a CAGR of 6.53 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018