The market might have been up by 5.4% in 2014 but there were some surprising brands on the list of those which saw their sales effectively c...
With 32,369 units sold, American Honda's CR-V was the market's best selling SUV in December. Another upset: the Toyota Camry was toppled as...
It's still 2014, but not for much longer. In the global automotive business, plenty happened in 2014. Seasoned observer Dave Leggett offers...
One thing that has always got everyone in the automotive business talking is safety. It's an interesting one. Cars have become much safer in...
Russia, Lexus' number one market in its European region, might be down, but UK sales are up strongly. On balance then, 2014 has been a good year, according to the brand's Head of Europe. Next, he promises more hybrids but no diesels. Why?
Continuing just-auto's series of interviews with global players in the occupant restraints market, Matthew Beecham talked with Claus Rudolf, Vice President of Global Engineering at Takata Corp. Headquartered Tokyo, Japan, Takata's products are primarily sold in Japan, the Americas, Europe and Asia.
Toyota is phasing out its Scion-badged iQ from the US after the car’s size, price and fuel economy failed to attract US consumers.
Toyota Motor Europe (TME) has posted 2014 full year sales of 888,000 Toyota and Lexus vehicles, up 4.6% from 2013 and passing the company's target of 865,000 sales. The group's market share reached 4.8% for the year.
New vehicle sales in Taiwan increased by over 12% to 423,829 units in 2014, from 378,456 units in the previous year, based on registration data released by the Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
Plummeting petrol prices and rising consumer confidence helped automakers close out the 2014 sales year in impressive style.
There have been rumours that a new coupe would revive the SC name but now comes news that TMC has registered the LC 500 and LC 500h model names.
Sometimes the answer to "Why?" can be answered "Just because..." As in this video made by Lexus Poland as part of its launch of the NX mid-size SUV line.
Some interesting thoughts here from Tokuo Fukuichi, head of Lexus, on brand trust and where Lexus is compared with the Germans.
Hybrid and Electric Cars in the US: Two differing strategies
The US hybrid and electric car market has grown strongly in recent years. The dominance of Toyota Motor Corporation (Toyota) is being challenged by other manufacturers, such as Ford Motor Company (For...
Global Luxury Vehicle Market 2015-2019
Luxury vehicles are high-end vehicles offering more comfort and safety than traditional vehicles. They have several security technologies and comfort amenities such as electronic stability control, DV...
Global light diesel vehicles market- forecasts to 2029
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global diesel technologies sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this repor...
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
- ASEAN vehicle market down almost 10% in 2014
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- GENEVA DEBUTS: McLaren 675 Longtail
- Ford 2014 operating profit plunges $2.3bn
- "Bumps and dents" for some driveable Hoegh cars
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle HVAC market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029