There was a certain frisson to this year's Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow for the most obvious...
It hasn't taken long for new AvtoVAZ CEO, Bo Andersson to stamp his mark on the Russian automaker....
Over the last couple of days, we've been tracking an interesting tale about GAZ CEO Bo Andersson, reportedly about to jump ship to another t...
It's fair to say Russia is hardly out of the news at the moment and there may be a sizeable number who say the country - and its ebullient P...
Marcus Osegowitsch is general director, Volkswagen Group Rus and Simon Warburton caught up with him on the sidelines of this year's Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow.
GAZ Group parent Russian Machines, claims CNG is the cheapest of commonly used motor fuels, with costs per 100km almost 60% lower than for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). It also says CNG is more than twice as cheap as a diesel-powered car and 2.5 times lower price than a gasoline vehicle. Russian Machines CNG project executive director, Peter Zolotarev, spoke to Simon Warburton from the company's Yaroslavl plant about the possibility of using the gas in the country and some of the infrastructure challenges associated with it.
New GAZ Group president, Vadim Sorokin, says the automaker is working with Russian energy giant, Gazprom, to develop alternative fuel infrastructure in the country.
Newly-installed AvtoVAZ CEO, Bo Andersson, says he will restore "pride" to the giant Russian automaker, with a particular focus on the manufacturer's iconic Lada model, and the aim of retaining its 20% domestic market share.
New AvtoVAZ CEO, Bo Andersson, says the necessary building blocks have been established to ensure localised automotive production in Russia should reach 80%.
New AvtoVAZ CEO, Bo Andersson, cites the re-emergence of iconic Russian brands as an example of how companies can be turned around, adding he joined the giant automaker after five years at the helm of fellow Russian manufacturer, GAZ Group, for "pure image."
AvtoVAZ has reported losses for 2013 of RUB6.9bn (US$192m), with revenue also falling 4% to RUB175bn as the Russian market contracts.
Truck Manufacturing in Eastern Europe
Truck Manufacturing in Eastern Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast t...
Truck Manufacturing in Russia
Truck Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017)....
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028