Only a few years ago, the vast, sprawling factory that is home to AvtoVAZ in Togliatti, apparently accounted for a staggering one in seven o...
In a bit of a change from my usual weekly epistle, may I first draw your attention to some articles from Our (occasional) Man in Russia, Sim...
There was a certain frisson to this year's Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow for the most obvious...
It hasn't taken long for new AvtoVAZ CEO, Bo Andersson to stamp his mark on the Russian automaker....
Marcus Osegowitsch is general director, Volkswagen Group Rus and Simon Warburton caught up with him on the sidelines of this year's Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow.
GAZ Group parent Russian Machines, claims CNG is the cheapest of commonly used motor fuels, with costs per 100km almost 60% lower than for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). It also says CNG is more than twice as cheap as a diesel-powered car and 2.5 times lower price than a gasoline vehicle. Russian Machines CNG project executive director, Peter Zolotarev, spoke to Simon Warburton from the company's Yaroslavl plant about the possibility of using the gas in the country and some of the infrastructure challenges associated with it.
AvtoVAZ says it is addressing delivery improvement issues with its transportation company after feedback from dealers in Russia.
GAZ Group says it has secured whole vehicle type approval allowing it to sell GAZelle Next vans in the European Union (EU).
Siegfried Wolf, chairman of the board of Russian Machines, and Luo Kaiquan, vice-president of China North Industries (NORINCO) have signed, in China, a memorandum of cooperation setting the framework for an "extensive mutually beneficial partnership" covering heavy trucks, passenger cars and railroad equipment engineering.
AvtoVAZ is estimating it will take a further two years before Russia makes up the shortfall in the currently decreasing automotive market.
New GAZ Group president, Vadim Sorokin, says the automaker is working with Russian energy giant, Gazprom, to develop alternative fuel infrastructure in the country.
Truck Manufacturing in Russia
Truck Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017)....
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Russia
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The August harvest...
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- ZF's TRW plans hit a Bosch hitch - report
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- Volvo Cars hails new engineering architecture
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times