Only a few years ago, the vast, sprawling factory that is home to AvtoVAZ in Togliatti, apparently accounted for a staggering one in seven o...
In a bit of a change from my usual weekly epistle, may I first draw your attention to some articles from Our (occasional) Man in Russia, Sim...
There was a certain frisson to this year's Russian Automotive Forum (RAF) organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow for the most obvious...
It hasn't taken long for new AvtoVAZ CEO, Bo Andersson to stamp his mark on the Russian automaker....
Marcus Osegowitsch is general director, Volkswagen Group Rus and Simon Warburton caught up with him on the sidelines of this year's Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow.
GAZ Group parent Russian Machines, claims CNG is the cheapest of commonly used motor fuels, with costs per 100km almost 60% lower than for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). It also says CNG is more than twice as cheap as a diesel-powered car and 2.5 times lower price than a gasoline vehicle. Russian Machines CNG project executive director, Peter Zolotarev, spoke to Simon Warburton from the company's Yaroslavl plant about the possibility of using the gas in the country and some of the infrastructure challenges associated with it.
AvtoVAZ says it is looking to potentially reduce its headcount to around 30,000 staff through natural wastage by the end of the decade.
AvtoVAZ says it will likely increase revenue 50% by 2017 as a raft of productivity and management improvement levels take their cumulative effect with break-even forecast this year.
AvtoVAZ says it is addressing delivery improvement issues with its transportation company after feedback from dealers in Russia.
GAZ Group says it has secured whole vehicle type approval allowing it to sell GAZelle Next vans in the European Union (EU).
Siegfried Wolf, chairman of the board of Russian Machines, and Luo Kaiquan, vice-president of China North Industries (NORINCO) have signed, in China, a memorandum of cooperation setting the framework for an "extensive mutually beneficial partnership" covering heavy trucks, passenger cars and railroad equipment engineering.
Truck Manufacturing in Russia
Truck Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017)....
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Russia
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018...
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029