It's not often Soviet rocket scientists are mentioned in an automotive context, but the subject came up recently on the sidelines of the Rus...
You might be forgiven for thinking the Russian Federation was at the edge of an economic precipice at the moment, facing a potential avalanc...
Despite some small recovery in the oil price of late, adding a few pence, cents or centimes back onto a litre of fuel at the pumps, the cras...
One of the aspects that genuinely surprised me about the recent visit to Russia organised by Renault and AvtoVAZ was the almost complete abs...
Marcus Osegowitsch is general director, Volkswagen Group Rus and Simon Warburton caught up with him on the sidelines of this year's Russian Automotive Forum organised by Adam Smith Conferences in Moscow.
GAZ Group parent Russian Machines, claims CNG is the cheapest of commonly used motor fuels, with costs per 100km almost 60% lower than for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). It also says CNG is more than twice as cheap as a diesel-powered car and 2.5 times lower price than a gasoline vehicle. Russian Machines CNG project executive director, Peter Zolotarev, spoke to Simon Warburton from the company's Yaroslavl plant about the possibility of using the gas in the country and some of the infrastructure challenges associated with it.
GAZ Group says despite the potential for yet more crises in the Russian market, it is aiming for the same level of investment this year.
GAZ Group says the current rouble devaluation allows it to take advantage by competitively exporting commercial vehicles with improved warranties compared to similar foreign products.
Russian automaker, GAZ Group says it "must be" selling 30% of its production to non ex-Soviet Union countries in three years as the organisation looks to take advantage of a depreciating rouble.
General Motors said it would "change its business model in Russia" by axing Opel, scaling down Chevrolet to premium US-made imports and closing two production facilities.
GAZ Group is remaining tight-lipped surrounding speculation it has requested RUB25bn (US$403m) in guarantees from the Russian State.
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Russia
Medium & Heavy Trucks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018...
Trucks in Russia
Introduction Trucks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018)...
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2...
- ANALYSIS: MG on the road to nowhere
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: It's good news week....
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Land Rover Defender
- Briefing: Vehicle connectivity technologies (1)
- First Solihull Jaguar leaps into production
- GKN claims world first for integrated FCA AWD
- Shanghai show debuts list updated
- Regulator fines Deloitte over MG Rover failures
- GERMANY: Mazda outsells Nissan as Qashqai crashes
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029