Daimler's Trucks Division has been a strong performer through 2011, helped by a recovery in global heavy truck markets and a lower cost base following restructuring. Andreas Renschler has been with Daimler since 1988 (including a spell as head of the Mercedes' smart brand) and has headed Daimler Trucks since 2004. Oliver Dixon recently caught up with him on behalf of just-auto to discuss prospects.
A123 Systems Inc develops and manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation, electric grid services and commercial markets. Headquartered in Massachusetts and founded in 2001, A123 Systems' proprietary nanoscale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In this interview, Matthew Beecham talked with Jeff Kessen, director of automotive marketing, Automotive Solutions Group, A123 Systems.
Power management company, Eaton, says Ken Semelsberger has been appointed senior vice president and controller, effective 1 November.
General Motors Europe's Vauxhall brand is to launch the next VXR8 GTS in December, its version of Holden's just-announced HSV GEN-F GTS. Both are powered by the 576bhp supercharged V8 from the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
Following the change of ownership of British sports car company Lotus, and consequent production delays, deliveries of the Elise S have now started in Australia, ahead of full supply of the entire range plus new models over the coming months.
Eaton is developing technology for the home refuelling of natural gas powered vehicles.
Eaton Corporation today has signed a distributor agreement with the Cosworth Group in the UK, to supply TVS supercharger (Twin Vortices Series) and other roots-type Superchargers to the European automotive market.
Eaton Corporation plc (ETN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT A
Eaton Corporation plc (ETN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
Eaton Corporation plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partne
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Electric Vehicle Charging Station Market in Southeast Asia 2
An electric vehicle (EV) charging station, also called an electric recharging point, or charging point, supplies electric energy for the recharging of plug-in EVs including all-electric cars, EVs, and...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Peugeot RCZ R
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tatkata airbag recall extended to 7.8m US vehicles
- JLR-Chery JV opens China factory
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)