Daimler's Trucks Division has been a strong performer through 2011, helped by a recovery in global heavy truck markets and a lower cost base following restructuring. Andreas Renschler has been with Daimler since 1988 (including a spell as head of the Mercedes' smart brand) and has headed Daimler Trucks since 2004. Oliver Dixon recently caught up with him on behalf of just-auto to discuss prospects.
A123 Systems Inc develops and manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation, electric grid services and commercial markets. Headquartered in Massachusetts and founded in 2001, A123 Systems' proprietary nanoscale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In this interview, Matthew Beecham talked with Jeff Kessen, director of automotive marketing, Automotive Solutions Group, A123 Systems.
Eaton says operating earnings for the third quarter, excluding pre-tax charges of US$19m to integrate recent acquisitions, were US$616m, an increase of 15%.
Power management company, Eaton, says Ken Semelsberger has been appointed senior vice president and controller, effective 1 November.
General Motors Europe's Vauxhall brand is to launch the next VXR8 GTS in December, its version of Holden's just-announced HSV GEN-F GTS. Both are powered by the 576bhp supercharged V8 from the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
Following the change of ownership of British sports car company Lotus, and consequent production delays, deliveries of the Elise S have now started in Australia, ahead of full supply of the entire range plus new models over the coming months.
Eaton is developing technology for the home refuelling of natural gas powered vehicles.
Eaton Corporation plc (ETN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT A
Eaton Corporation plc (ETN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
Eaton Corporation plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partne
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Automotive Transmission Market in China 2014-2018
This report forecasts the automotive transmission market in China to grow at a CAGR of 7.45 percent over the period 2013-2018. Automotive Transmission Market in China 2014-2018 has been prepared based...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- INTERVIEW: Ford Europe COO Barb Samardzich
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018