Daimler's Trucks Division has been a strong performer through 2011, helped by a recovery in global heavy truck markets and a lower cost base following restructuring. Andreas Renschler has been with Daimler since 1988 (including a spell as head of the Mercedes' smart brand) and has headed Daimler Trucks since 2004. Oliver Dixon recently caught up with him on behalf of just-auto to discuss prospects.
A123 Systems Inc develops and manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation, electric grid services and commercial markets. Headquartered in Massachusetts and founded in 2001, A123 Systems' proprietary nanoscale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In this interview, Matthew Beecham talked with Jeff Kessen, director of automotive marketing, Automotive Solutions Group, A123 Systems.
Power management company, Eaton, says Ken Semelsberger has been appointed senior vice president and controller, effective 1 November.
General Motors Europe's Vauxhall brand is to launch the next VXR8 GTS in December, its version of Holden's just-announced HSV GEN-F GTS. Both are powered by the 576bhp supercharged V8 from the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
Following the change of ownership of British sports car company Lotus, and consequent production delays, deliveries of the Elise S have now started in Australia, ahead of full supply of the entire range plus new models over the coming months.
Eaton is developing technology for the home refuelling of natural gas powered vehicles.
Eaton Corporation today has signed a distributor agreement with the Cosworth Group in the UK, to supply TVS supercharger (Twin Vortices Series) and other roots-type Superchargers to the European automotive market.
Eaton Corporation plc (ETN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT A
Eaton Corporation plc (ETN) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by...
Eaton Corporation plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partne
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Strategic Assessment of the Global Electric Vehicle Service
TechNavio's analysts forecast Global Electric Vehicle Service Equipment market to grow at a CAGR of 35.27 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth i...
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- [12:45BST update]: Nissan's Palmer named Aston CEO
- PARIS DEBUTS: Infiniti Q70 2.2d
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- CHENGDU SHOW: World premieres
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants