Battery technologies for powertrain applications have become a focus of attention as OEMs seek to improve performance and reduce the costs o...
In the BRIC market review series this month, we take a look at the latest developments in India....
Daimler's Trucks Division has been a strong performer through 2011, helped by a recovery in global heavy truck markets and a lower cost base following restructuring. Andreas Renschler has been with Daimler since 1988 (including a spell as head of the Mercedes' smart brand) and has headed Daimler Trucks since 2004. Oliver Dixon recently caught up with him on behalf of just-auto to discuss prospects.
A123 Systems Inc develops and manufactures advanced lithium ion batteries and battery systems for the transportation, electric grid services and commercial markets. Headquartered in Massachusetts and founded in 2001, A123 Systems' proprietary nanoscale electrode technology is built on initial developments from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. In this interview, Matthew Beecham talked with Jeff Kessen, director of automotive marketing, Automotive Solutions Group, A123 Systems.
Eaton says operating earnings for the third quarter, excluding pre-tax charges of US$19m to integrate recent acquisitions, were US$616m, an increase of 15%.
Power management company, Eaton, says Ken Semelsberger has been appointed senior vice president and controller, effective 1 November.
General Motors Europe's Vauxhall brand is to launch the next VXR8 GTS in December, its version of Holden's just-announced HSV GEN-F GTS. Both are powered by the 576bhp supercharged V8 from the new Chevrolet Camaro ZL1.
Following the change of ownership of British sports car company Lotus, and consequent production delays, deliveries of the Elise S have now started in Australia, ahead of full supply of the entire range plus new models over the coming months.
Eaton is developing technology for the home refuelling of natural gas powered vehicles.
Eaton Corporation plc - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partne
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Automotive Automatic Transmission Market 2014-2018
Automatic transmission has many benefits associated with it apart from performing the basic function of transferring engine's power to the wheels. The main benefit is that it is easy to use and reduce...
Global Off-Highway Hybrid Commercial Vehicle Components Mark
The use of hybrid technology was prominent in passenger cars earlier; however, advances in technology have ensured its widespread adoption in vehicles other than passenger cars. Also, rise in fuel pri...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Lotus celebrates production milestone
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029