In the first of a new series examining major OEM brand strategies, Mark Bursa takes a look at newly merged Fiat Chrysler Automotive's brand...
I guess the biggest news of the week would have to be newly merged Fiat Chrysler Automobile's announcement - mostly to investors - of plans...
Impressive plans have been laid out at many previous Fiat and Chrysler investors' briefings. Yet somehow, things never seem to go according...
The boom in natural gas production in the US is leading to a surge in interest in running vehicles on the stuff. In theory, compressed natur...
TRW has been active in keyless entry for many years, albeit as a relatively small player. Similar radio-frequency (RF) technology underpins both keyless entry and tyre pressure monitoring systems (TPMS), the latter being a technology in which TRW is one of the leading global players Ian Henry spoke to Andy Whydell, TRW’s Senior Manager for Global Electronics Product Planning, and Tim Hannon, Sales Manager, RF Products about the company’s activities in the sector and market trends.
There needs to be another round of consolidation of the motor industry worldwide or some companies will not survive, according to Fiat and Chrysler chief Sergio Marchionne
Chrysler Group is voluntarily recalling approximately 470,000 cars and SUVs globally to repair a potentially faulty alternator.
Chrysler Group is recalling 291,703 vehicles in the US to check for a faulty ignition switch which could inadvertently turn off the engine.
Renault has revamped its Espace people carrier as a crossover sport utility vehicle, reflecting a market shift to more rugged-looking vehicles.
Final-week forecasts from Edmunds.com and Kelley Blue Book (KBB) suggest September 2014 light vehicle sales in the US will be down around 20% from August but up about 11% year on year to around 1.3m (SAAR: 16.5m).
Chrysler Group is voluntarily recalling an estimated 230,760 SUVs to install a new relay circuit that improves fuel pump system durability.
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Japan's carmakers bring home foreign-made models
- GM sued for $10bn over losses on 27m recalled cars
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)