There was some good news for UK Auto Manufacturing Plc this week as Honda announced that its under-used European car plant in Swindon would...
Moving to a 48V architecture in hybrid and electric vehicles offers plenty of promise. It provides about four times the energy recuperation...
The market might have been up by 5.4% in 2014 but there were some surprising brands on the list of those which saw their sales effectively c...
The Detroit show - in balmy -17C temperatures, I hear - dominated proceedings this week with those that went describing it as the most optim...
General Motors President Dan Ammann says that GM is performing to plan and that its European operations are on target to achieve profitability by "mid-decade".
Tenneco’s advances in exhaust heat recovery technologies include thermoelectric generators (TEGs) and Rankine systems for powering electrical accessories, recharging batteries and supporting vehicle propulsion without reducing engine performance. Tenneco reckons that the same trends that are causing the vehicle powertrain to become electrified are indeed causing its after-treatment systems to become electrified. Matthew Beecham spoke to Marcel Womann, Supervisor, Advanced Cold End Products, Advanced Engineering, Tenneco Clean Air Division about TEGs.
General Motors (GM) sold 2.4m vehicles globally in the first quarter of 2015, up 2% compared to a year ago.
Shanghai GM, the joint venture between General Motors and SAIC Motor, is to spend 100bn yuan (US$16bn) over the next five years developing new vehicles.
Bolt and Volt? What’s in a name – and a little confusion - may not be a bad thing, according to Chevrolet’s marketing chief Tim Mahoney.
Sales of new light passenger vehicles in mainland China rose by 9.4% to 1.87m units in March, based on wholesale delivery data collected by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM).
Severstal has signed a four-month contract to deliver rolled steel to Renault-Nissan from its Cherepovets Mill (CherMK).
It's very cold this week in Detroit, but the weather for North America's auto industry is set pretty fair - for now.
This is one of the more interesting long-term tests I've read in a while as a former sell-side analyst turned technology and auto reviewer in the US reports on four years of life with General Motors' Chevrolet Volt - aka the Opel/Vauxhall Ampera.
General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT A
General Motors Company (GM) is an automobile manufacturing company. The company, along with its partners, designs, builds, and markets cars, trucks and spare parts around the world. GM’s brands includ...
Egypt Autos Report Q1 2015
Business Monitor International's Egypt Autos Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, auto associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independen...
Group 1 Automotive, Inc. - Company Capsule
Canadean's "Group 1 Automotive, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products...
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: What's a Waku Waku tailgate?
- Briefing: GM's OnStar system planned for Europe
- ANALYSIS: Can Evoque remain JLR’s golden goose?
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Volkswagen Polo BlueGT & GTI
- Toyota's plant and product engineering revamp
- JAPAN: Honda reveals clever ‘Waku Waku’ tailgate
- 2015 SHANGHAI SHOW: World premieres
- Ford moves Go!Drive UK car sharing into next phase
- BMW to recall 91,800 US Mini Coopers
- Volkswagen Golf stays top of European tree in Q1
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE shock absorbers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle OE wipers market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle steering market- forecasts to 2029