Political instability and shaky industrial relations were among the issues that bubbled up on just-auto.com this week....
We are now in the midst of what I like to call slash-your-wrists or lose-the-will-to-live season and it can apply equally to whether you are...
Kia Motors America may be marking 20 years in the US this year but, despite 535,179 sales in 2013 (down 4% on 2012), the recent hit of 5m cu...
Been lying awake at night wondering how plug-in cars are doing in Europe? Me, neither, but, having now evaluated a few - Vauxhall Ampera [ak...
General Motors President Dan Ammann says that GM is performing to plan and that its European operations are on target to achieve profitability by "mid-decade".
Tenneco’s advances in exhaust heat recovery technologies include thermoelectric generators (TEGs) and Rankine systems for powering electrical accessories, recharging batteries and supporting vehicle propulsion without reducing engine performance. Tenneco reckons that the same trends that are causing the vehicle powertrain to become electrified are indeed causing its after-treatment systems to become electrified. Matthew Beecham spoke to Marcel Womann, Supervisor, Advanced Cold End Products, Advanced Engineering, Tenneco Clean Air Division about TEGs.
While General Motors, in a move hailed by the United Auto Workers, last night (27 August) announced production of the Cadillac SRX would be shifted from Mexico to Tennessee, the Reuters news agency reported subsequently it had learned the automaker also plans to move some other assembly work from the US to Mexico.
General Motors said on Wednesday (27 August) it would spend US$185m to make small petrol engines at its Spring Hill manufacturing complex (once a Saturn plant), retaining 390 jobs. GM also said it would build the next generation Cadillac SRX there, moving the model from Mexico.
The number of deaths said to be associated with General Motors’ ignition switch fault have reached 100 and are among 284 compensation claims made against the company.
BorgWarner is supplying its mini direct-acting variable force solenoid (VFS) for General Motors' (GM) global front-wheel drive 6-speed automatic transmission programme (GF6).
New vehicle sales in the Philippines rose by 32.1% to a monthly record of 20,730 units in July, from 15,689 a year ago, according to the Chamber of Automotive Manufacturers of the Philippines' (CAMPI) monthly statistical report.
What do you do with an EV sports sedan if the company that sold it to you has gone bust?
LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates
LMC Automotive's service provides customers with the very latest monthly estimates of passenger car production across all of Europe. Updated monthly and provided model-by-model, and available only via...
Hot issue: Vehicle connectivity at the 2014 Consumer Electro
The rapid convergence of the worlds of consumer electronics and automotive technology means that January's annual Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas is now well and truly on the auto industr...
Global light vehicle fuel tanks and delivery systems market-
This QUBE report from just-auto provides a comprehensive overview of the global light vehicle fuel tanks sector, major suppliers, top 14 markets, technology trends and market size forecasts. Use this...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Active safety in the spotlight
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Škoda Octavia estate 4x4
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Bear Grylls, brand ambassador for Land Rover
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- Lada production to be cut as sales stall
- MOSCOW SHOW: World premieres - final list
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018