Attracting over 750,000 visitors in 11 days, the São Paulo motor show saw several locally made and imported new model launches of varying de...
If I had to think of one adjective to describe this week's autobiz news, 'interesting' is as good a fit as any. Bit of this, bit of that....
In a bit of a change from my usual weekly epistle, may I first draw your attention to some articles from Our (occasional) Man in Russia, Sim...
OK, OK, I admit it - just-auto.com this week is looking a bit like Assembly Plant News.com...
Magna International has just announced 2011 full year net income of US$1bn, although European vehicle production fell by 4%. Magna International Europe and Magna Steyr Group president Guenther Apfalter talked to Simon Warburton at company headquarters south of Vienna about challenges in Europe and the direction the company is headed.
A third automotive company - DR Motor - has shown its hand at the last minute expressing an interest in moving into part of Fiat's Termini Imerese plant in Sicily, as the Italian and Sicilian governments prepare to divide up EUR450m (US$621m) in grants for the site
Independent of obligations imposed by the industrial policy, all automakers building cars in Brazil (or about to) intend to increase their local content percentage. This is due to spiralling logistic costs, direct and indirect tax rises on imports and, especially, because there is a clear tendency towards a dollar to real valuation in this and in the years to come.
Subaru maker Fuji Heavy Industries has put on hold plans to manufacture vehicles in China due to slowing demand.
In automotive terms, 2014 surely will not be missed after the Brazilian domestic market’s 7.1% sales downturn. Combined with the 2013 0.9% slump, this means that, at 3.498m units, Brazilians bought some 8% less cars, LCV and HCV, last year than in the record 2012.
Ricardo said it had worked with Qoros on NVH for the brand's new 3 City SUV.
BASF's Coatings division says it is the sole supplier of automotive coatings for the new plant of the Chinese automaker, Chery in Jacarei, Brazil, which started operations in August, 2014.
Chery Automobile Co., Ltd. - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), P
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Global Electric Taxi Market 2014-2018
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Electric Taxi market to grow at a CAGR of 33.98 percent over the period 2013-2018. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the cost-effici...
Automotive Transmission Market in China 2014-2018
This report forecasts the automotive transmission market in China to grow at a CAGR of 7.45 percent over the period 2013-2018. Automotive Transmission Market in China 2014-2018 has been prepared based...
- What now for docked Hoegh Osaka cargo?
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: New Hondas and the ship's up
- RESEARCH ANALYSIS: Review of instrumentation
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid
- Has Audi reached a model proliferation limit?
- JLR recreates 1948 line for Defender plant tour
- Most cars unscathed by Osaka drama: ship owner
- GENEVA DEBUTS: McLaren 675 Longtail
- Honda changes air bag supplier from Takata
- Automakers anxious to learn Osaka cars fate: Hoegh
- Global vehicle lightweighting - technology, trends and the future
- Global light vehicle OE wheels market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- Global light vehicle HVAC market- forecasts to 2029