After weeks of what has seemed a phoney war of words between both sides, the stakes are starting to ramp up considerably between Russia and...
The first half of the year has seen global light vehicle sales accelerate as expanding vehicle markets have more than compensated for those...
Only a few years ago, the vast, sprawling factory that is home to AvtoVAZ in Togliatti, apparently accounted for a staggering one in seven o...
In a bit of a change from my usual weekly epistle, may I first draw your attention to some articles from Our (occasional) Man in Russia, Sim...
PSA Peugeot Citroen recently inked a partnership with Agromash Holding, for the assembly and distribution of the French automaker's passenger cars and LCVs in Kazakhstan. Simon Warburton was in contact with the trailer and agricultural machinery manufacturer based in the huge country on Russia's southern border.
Andy Higgins, the new managing director of Chevrolet UK from 1 October, is full of enthusiasm for both the brand and football - handy as his appointment coincided with news of Chevrolet becoming Manchester United's shirt sponsor starting with the 2014/2015 season.
Turmoil currently engulfing relations between Russia and the West is starting to feed through to domestic consumer confidence with some forecasts estimating the market could plummet by as much as 30% this year.
Production of the new Datsun on-DO, a family sedan said to have been designed and engineered specifically for Russia, has started at the AvotoVAZ plant in Togliatti in partnership with the Renault Nissan Alliance.
Russia's car market continued its slump in June in the wake of the effects of the ongoing crisis in neighbouring Ukraine and a worsening of consumer and business confidence in Russia.
AvtoVAZ is accelerating the pace of redundancies at its Togliatti plant to around 13,000 as a sharply falling market takes its toll on OEMs and suppliers.
Sales of new cars and light commercial vehicles in Russia dropped by 12% compared with May 2013 or by 28,019 sold units and amounted to only 201,487 cars, according to the AEB Automobile Manufacturers Committee (AEB AMC).
It's perhaps no huge surprise security is taken so seriously at this year's Saint Petersburg International Economic Forum, but the sheer scale of the precautions is overwhelming.
AvtoVAZ OAO - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & A
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Truck Manufacturing in Russia
Truck Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017)....
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia
Automotive Manufacturing in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The prof...
- COMMENT: What is normal in Russian maelstrom?
- Emerging markets in trouble (1)
- Regulatory concerns grow in China
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: SEAT Alhambra 2.0 TDI
- ANALYSIS: GM gets serious about Cadillac
- Mercedes 'guilty' of China parts price fixing
- Ford recalls 160,000 cars to fix wiring problem
- Cadillac takes on Merc S Class
- Serious concern on Russia auto sanction rumours
- China levies big fines on Japanese parts makers
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Motor Vehicle Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Brazilian automobile industry - Right strategy for tough times