THE WEEK THAT WAS: Profit and loss
Profit, or in some cases, the lack thereof, continued as a recurring theme this week as Q3 results and fiscal variations continued to roll in.
Speaking of Ford, much recent rumour was laid to rest as we learned that Alan Mulally will remain in charge until 2014 with Americas chief Mark Fields promoted to the reactivated COO post and former Asia chief Joe Hinrichs moving to take up Fields' old job. Don't you dare say musical chairs...
Have a nice weekend.
Graeme Roberts, Deputy Editor, just-auto.com
Results season - Q1 2013, Q4/fiscal year 2012/3, etc. We disappear under a mountain of figures and you get it all neatly sliced, diced and packaged here. Enjoy....
Chrysler Group said it would spend $19.6m in its Toledo machining plant in Perrysburg, Ohio, to increase capacity of the torque converter it's machining for the nine-speed transmission....
Following successful negotiations with the once radical Greater São Paulo's São Bernardo do Campo metalworkers union, Ford is back spending money on its oldest plant in Brazil. This town saw the birt...
Ford says it will offer an emergency service in more vehicles in China in 2013....
Fiat could secure financing by next month for a possible buyout of the rest of Chrysler, according to Reuters citing two people familiar with the matter....
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- INTERVIEW: Ford UK fleet director, Phil Hollins
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- GENEVA: Jaguar names 'small' saloon XE
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- GENEVA: Apple launches car iOS
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028