THE WEEK THAT WAS: High tech trickles down
The steady migration downwards of driver assistance systems took a big leap this week with the announcement of Nissan's new Note for Europe which will come with a whole heap of, probably optional but nonetheless available, kit. We took a closer look at this key development.
A US tyre industry executive has sparked an entertaining row over work ethic with the French government and unions. Our own Monsieur le Warburton has been looking at that and wrapped his coverage this week - so far - with this comment piece.
Even though the roads are full of post-snowstorm/flood potholes, the UK government showed its sense of priority - advancing a taxpayer-funded bung to the miniscule number of plug-in EV/hybrid owners so they can have free - or almost full subsidised - home chargers or persuade the local authority to stick up a recharge pole outside.
Honda, meanwhile, has come up with a way of jointing aluminium and steel and Sollers has started contract assembly of Land Cruiser models in Russia; supplementing Toyota's Camrys built in its own factory in St Petersburg.
Finally, we've been doing a bit of analysis of new 'Chinese' brand Qoros - I reckon the logo looks like an economy class in-flight entertainment unit; our Mark Bursa, thankfully, has dug a bit deeper... And we've interviewed a heavy hitter at Delphi.
Have a nice weekend.
Graeme Roberts, Deputy Editor, just-auto.com
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Nissan has started production of the taxi version of its NV200 van at its factory in the central Mexican state of Morelos....
Honda Motor Europe's 2.2-litre i-DTEC turbo diesel engine will be phased out and effectively replaced by the new 1.6-litre unit, a spokesman told just-auto....
- COMMENT: Volvo's US sales surge as China reverses
- China's economic turbulence worries auto industry
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Trouble in Tianjin
- Key trends in the automotive air-con market
- COMMENT: TPP legacy as Obama's Grand Projet?
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Toyota Prius added
- Land Rover develops 'see-through trailer' concept
- Uber hires car hacking engineers
- BMW launches smartphone wireless charging
- Brazil Four losing sales faster than industry rate
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle engine technologies market- forecasts to 2030
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report