THE WEEK THAT WAS: High tech trickles down
The steady migration downwards of driver assistance systems took a big leap this week with the announcement of Nissan's new Note for Europe which will come with a whole heap of, probably optional but nonetheless available, kit. We took a closer look at this key development.
A US tyre industry executive has sparked an entertaining row over work ethic with the French government and unions. Our own Monsieur le Warburton has been looking at that and wrapped his coverage this week - so far - with this comment piece.
Even though the roads are full of post-snowstorm/flood potholes, the UK government showed its sense of priority - advancing a taxpayer-funded bung to the miniscule number of plug-in EV/hybrid owners so they can have free - or almost full subsidised - home chargers or persuade the local authority to stick up a recharge pole outside.
Honda, meanwhile, has come up with a way of jointing aluminium and steel and Sollers has started contract assembly of Land Cruiser models in Russia; supplementing Toyota's Camrys built in its own factory in St Petersburg.
Finally, we've been doing a bit of analysis of new 'Chinese' brand Qoros - I reckon the logo looks like an economy class in-flight entertainment unit; our Mark Bursa, thankfully, has dug a bit deeper... And we've interviewed a heavy hitter at Delphi.
Have a nice weekend.
Graeme Roberts, Deputy Editor, just-auto.com
The media days for the 2013 Frankfurt Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) are 10 & 11 September. Each of the following vehicles is a world premiere at the show....
South Africa's automotive employers body is warning of the impact on future export potential as more than 31,000 assembly line workers strike indefinitely next Monday (19 August), paralysing large swa...
Nissan has started production of the taxi version of its NV200 van at its factory in the central Mexican state of Morelos....
Honda Motor Europe's 2.2-litre i-DTEC turbo diesel engine will be phased out and effectively replaced by the new 1.6-litre unit, a spokesman told just-auto....
- Management briefing: Paris show preview
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris gets closer
- Jaguar's XE spearheads new industrial strategy
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Renault Twingo
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: BMW i8
- PARIS DEBUTS: Honda Civic Type R & VW Passat GTE
- EC gives Germany two months to comply with MAC
- Ford recalls 850,050 cars for airbag systems check
- Opel/Vauxhall issues 'do not drive' warning
- Ford's Americas chief sees 17m light vehicle sales
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ethiopia - ISA Country Report
- Analysis of over 140 Lithium-based Rechargeable Battery Manufacturers: Chemistry, Strategy, Success
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)