Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
It was a record March and first quarter for Audi, globally and in Britain. To stay ahead of BMW and Mercedes-Benz, more crossovers, including high performance RS variants, will be added above and below one that's unique in its segment, the RS Q3.
Mitsubishi Motors UK's MD is making a bold claim for a brand which retailed 2,700 passenger vehicles in Q1: he wants to sell 3,000-10,000 units a year of the new Outlander PHEV.
Six months on from its global debut at the Frankfurt motor show, the Hyundai is making waves in Europe and India’s A segment hatchback markets.
Measuring 33,000Nm/degree, this is the most torsionally rigid car yet from Jaguar, and the 550PS 5.0-litre V8 is unique to the hatchback body style. Glenn Brooks reports on these and other high tech features of the new Jaguar F-TYPE R Coupé.
The arrival of a pair of new Audis means the company is now just two models away from having a 50-vehicle range.
Can an SUV that was designed primarily for the US work just as well in the UK? That was the question on Glenn Brooks’ mind as he tried out Hyundai’s latest Santa Fe.
Despite being overlooked by many, SsangYong continues to grow across Europe. Glenn Brooks has been driving four of the latest models, and now sees what was behind last month's 84% UK market sales surge.
Can a Kia ever be considered against the Golf GTI, Glenn Brooks wonders, as he tries the strangely named pro_cee'd GT.
As the four millionth Mégane rolled off the line this week at Renault España’s Palencia plant, Glenn Brooks was trying the just-launched facelifted model on UK roads.
With the Mazda MX-5 soon to celebrate 25 years of production, Glenn Brooks recalls its 1989 launch, tries the latest car, and takes a look at what’s coming for next year's fourth generation model.
It's mid-cycle update time for Opel and Vauxhall's Meriva MPV. Glenn Brooks tries the new 1.6 CDTi 'whisper' diesel, and the 1.4 VVT Turbo petrol.
There are lots of people out there who think most Chinese cars are poorly built and dull to drive. Glenn Brooks would advise them to try the MG3.
Last year, the XC60 was Volvo's best seller worldwide. But V40 sales rose rapidly, making it the new number two model. Glenn Brooks tries an updated 'model year 2014' D3 five-cylinder diesel to see how it stacks up against its C-premium segment rivals.
Few things are as all-American as a big Jeep. And yet, as Glenn Brooks has been reflecting, the Grand Cherokee he's been testing has a Daimler platform, a VM Motori engine and will soon be the basis of Maserati's first SUV.
Škoda has just given the Yeti a facelift and a new Haldex 4x4 system. Glenn Brooks was curious to see how the restyle looks covered in mud.
- ANALYSIS: The models to be axed by PSA's Tavares
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: The bubble car returns
- Management briefing: UK engine manufacturing (1)
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Carlos sharpens the knife
- COMMENT: PSA's Tavares plots turnaround
- BEIJING DEBUTS: New Cruze, but old model to remain
- 2014 NYIAS: List of world premieres
- PSA issues new business plan
- Discovery Sport to replace Land Rover's Freelander
- Former Bentley chief returns for another round
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Plunkett's Automobile Industry Almanac 2014: Automobile Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Global light vehicle materials market 2008 to 2028