Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Can a Kia ever be considered against the Golf GTI, Glenn Brooks wonders, as he tries the strangely named pro_cee'd GT.
As the four millionth Mégane rolled off the line this week at Renault España’s Palencia plant, Glenn Brooks was trying the just-launched facelifted model on UK roads.
With the Mazda MX-5 soon to celebrate 25 years of production, Glenn Brooks recalls its 1989 launch, tries the latest car, and takes a look at what’s coming for next year's fourth generation model.
It's mid-cycle update time for Opel and Vauxhall's Meriva MPV. Glenn Brooks tries the new 1.6 CDTi 'whisper' diesel, and the 1.4 VVT Turbo petrol.
There are lots of people out there who think most Chinese cars are poorly built and dull to drive. Glenn Brooks would advise them to try the MG3.
Last year, the XC60 was Volvo's best seller worldwide. But V40 sales rose rapidly, making it the new number two model. Glenn Brooks tries an updated 'model year 2014' D3 five-cylinder diesel to see how it stacks up against its C-premium segment rivals.
Few things are as all-American as a big Jeep. And yet, as Glenn Brooks has been reflecting, the Grand Cherokee he's been testing has a Daimler platform, a VM Motori engine and will soon be the basis of Maserati's first SUV.
Škoda has just given the Yeti a facelift and a new Haldex 4x4 system. Glenn Brooks was curious to see how the restyle looks covered in mud.
Imagine a big SUV that does 0-62mph in 5.3 seconds but returns an average 30-40mpg and handles like, well, like a BMW. Glenn Brooks has been driving the new X5 M50d.
On a recent trip to Mercedes-Benz UK's HQ, Glenn Brooks tried out various newly released models, including the S 63 AMG L supercar limo.
Are a facelift, reduced CO2 emissions, improved safety features and a new single-speed drivetrain enough to keep the Land Rover Discovery competitive? Glenn Brooks gets the measure of the just-launched 2014 model.
As 2014 is the Volkswagen Phaeton’s 12th and most likely final full year of production, Glenn Brooks thought it was high time he tried this limo.
The one thing Nissan really needed to fix is apparent immediately you climb aboard the redesigned Qashqai compact crossover. The rather bland interior, especially the characterless dashboard, has been transformed. It's amazing what a few creases, splashes of chrome, a bit of ambient lighting, new digital displays and better quality materials overall can achieve.
Additional models have proven to be key for the revival of the Renault brand in the UK. Glenn Brooks has been spending some time with yet another one of them: the Scénic XMOD crossover.
The Subaru Outback deserves to find more favour with British buyers, Glenn Brooks believes, after having just tried the updated model with the new combination of boxer diesel and Geartronic CVT.
- INTERVIEW: Ford of Europe's chief, Stephen Odell
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: iOS (and Android) in the car
- GENEVA WRAP: Europe still struggles, future bright
- Jaguar Land Rover's lightweight future
- COMMENT: Russian auto jitters in Crimea poker
- 'One Ford' has kept us alive in Europe
- EXCLUSIVE: Renault axes another EV
- Jaguar recruits Beckham as China brand ambassador
- Ukraine crisis sparks Russia 'downward pressures'
- Tata mulls platform collaboration with Chery
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Dacia: The no frills automotive brand, that is becoming a serious world contender
- China’s One-Child Policy is Shaping a New Automotive Landscape
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle HVAC market 2008 to 2028