Our team bring you informed analysis of selected new vehicle models and put them in automotive industry perspective
Audi, or Peugeot? No contest. But what if the question is instead TT or RCZ R? Trickier. It would be ironic if PSA's cost cutting means this beautiful coupe won't have a replacement as the RCZ is already a successful, high-priced Peugeot.
Kia has just enjoyed its best September yet in Britain, with 13,292 cars delivered. And the top model? The Sportage, which is selling better than ever in recently updated form.
The current Continental GT has been on the market since early 2011 but Bentley continues to expand and update the range. A great excuse for just-auto to try the latest V8 S coupe.
Back in the 2000s, Ford do Brasil's EcoSport was one of the first B-SUVs to make it big in South America. Now, the second generation model has arrived in Europe.
Honda might be struggling with overall sales across Europe but there's no doubting the excellence of many of its cars. The latest Civic Tourer 1.8 i-VTEC proves that point.
If you like being looked at, you will love the i8. It turns the heads of seemingly everyone who sees you on the road, and even more so in carparks. To drive, it’s like no other supercar - BMW has created something very special.
The name remains but in every other way, Renault’s Twingo is truly all-new. This is also the first model to use Edison, a rear-engined, rear-wheel drive joint venture platform developed with Daimler. The days of spinning the back tyres on small cars have suddenly returned.
Known as the Prado in Asia-Pacific, Toyota Motor Europe's Land Cruiser is the second biggest SUV sold in this region. It's not cheap, but its 4x4 abilities are immense and the build quality and finish are Lexus-like.
There was already a choice of V6 petrol hybrid or four-cylinder diesel power for Infiniti Europe's Q50. Now, Nissan's upscale division has added a second Mercedes-supplied engine.
PSA built the 100,000th Peugeot 2008 after just nine months of production at the Mulhouse plant in France. Now, a night shift has just been added (15 September) to keep up with demand. What's driving this success?
The name is the same but Porsche's latest Panamera 4S loses its normally aspirated V8 and gains a biturbo V6 that's not only more powerful but 20% more fuel efficient.
Keen on the Fiat Panda Cross but don't need rear doors? General Motors Europe hopes you might be tempted by its new Vauxhall Adam Rocks Air, the European A segment's first open-topped three-door crossover.
Five years ago, the idea of Citroën selling more than a few thousand high priced cars each year would have been rightly ridiculed. How things have changed. And will keep changing, due to the many more DS models now under development.
Porsche continues to expand the 911 range, with the Targa body style having just gone on sale in Britain. Could this be the best looking variant yet?
It's well known that the British love estates, one of the reasons why the UK is such an important market for Škoda. Multiple derivatives continue to be added to the Octavia estate range, including several with 4x4 drive.
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Paris, the US, Sweden...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2014 Kia Sportage
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (2)
- Special management briefing: Paris reflections (1)
- JLR eyes US southern states 'transplant' - paper
- Tesla outsells rivals as Europe sales rise 6%
- JLR looks to increase home supply content
- Ford announces new engine investment for Dagenham
- JLR starts Discovery Sport production
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2029
- LMC Automotive's European Passenger Car Production Estimates (annual subscription)