Brooks On OEM Product Trends
By: Glenn Brooks
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
The media preview days of the 2014 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile will be 2 & 3 October. The following list continues to be updated as manufacturers announce world premieres.
The media preview of CDMS 2014, the 17th Chengdu motor show, took place on 29 August. The following list of world premieres continues to be updated, with a final one to be published later on 1 September.
Five years ago, the idea of Citroën selling more than a few thousand high priced cars each year would have been rightly ridiculed. How things have changed. And will keep changing, due to the many more DS models now under development.
The third generation Sorento, revealed earlier today (29 August) to the media in South Korea, is longer, lower and wider. The Hyundai Motor group brand wants to sell 270,000 units of this new SUV in 2015.
The media preview days for the 2014 Moscow motor show were 27 & 28 August.
Responding to a question from just-auto.com, a spokesman for Peugeot has named Wuhan 2 as the location for build of the new 408, a sedan version of the 308.
After two concepts, Suzuki is now about to give the production version of a new B segment SUV its global debut at October's Mondial de l'Automobile.
The front-wheel drive AG luxury sedan revealed in prototype form at the Busan motor show in May is to be named 'Aslan' in production form, Hyundai has announced.
Porsche continues to expand the 911 range, with the Targa body style having just gone on sale in Britain. Could this be the best looking variant yet?
Infiniti will reveal the long-rumoured ESQ at the Chengdu motor show later this week.
It's well known that the British love estates, one of the reasons why the UK is such an important market for Škoda. Multiple derivatives continue to be added to the Octavia estate range, including several with 4x4 drive.
Despite Cadillac being a serial underachiever outside North America, GM is investing heavily in its one would-be global luxury vehicle division.
Alhambra sales were up 19% worldwide in the first half of 2014, making it SEAT’s second most improved model after the León. This has also given the Palmela plant which builds it some overdue good news.
The 63rd Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance took place on the lawns of the famous Californian golf club between 15 and 17 August, 2014. The following vehicles and concepts were world premieres.
Volvo’s year on year sales for July were up by 37% in the UK. Much of the reason is an ongoing freshening of its cars. The updates continue, with a model year 2015 XC70 now on sale.
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (3)
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- Kia to build new plant for American markets
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018