Brooks On OEM Product Trends
By: Glenn Brooks
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
Could this be the car to wrest control of the UK's B-hatchback class away from the Fiesta? With Ford of Europe extending the current model's lifecycle out to eight years, Vauxhall might just get lucky.
The media preview days of the 2014 São Paulo Motor Show were 28 & 29 October. Here follows a list of vehicle and concept global debuts.
This is really nicely done - an ingenious way of linking the five-door Civic to the forthcoming, 280+PS Type R.
Various world premieres for the November 2014 Guangzhou motor show have been announced. Ongoing updates are being made to the list ahead of the media preview days.
An Infiniti spokesman has told just-auto.com that the aged QX50 crossover will not be replaced "in the near future". This follows the recent introduction of a made-in-China version of the now seven-year old model.
From 1 November, all cars and light commercial vehicles registered in European Union member states, with a GVW of fewer than 3.5 tonnes, must have ESP as standard equipment. The regulation will take effect for all other vehicles on 1 November 2015.
Various world premieres for the 2014 LA international auto show have been announced, and others will follow. Ongoing updates are being made to the list ahead of the 18 & 19 November media preview days.
BMW has now confirmed the world premieres of the X5 M and X6 M for November's LA international auto show.
How might Maserati attain its worldwide sales goal of 75,000 cars a year by 2018? By adding new models and offering more diesels. To judge by the torque, CO2 average, economy and surprisingly burbly exhaust note of the diesel Ghibli, the firm might just hit its target.
FCA has added a new model for the Mexican market's 2015 model year: the RAM 700. This small pick-up is a rebadged Fiat Strada Adventure and is imported from Brazil.
The fourth generation Vauxhall Corsa will undercut the entry level Ford Fiesta, Britain's long-time best selling car, by GBP1,000 when it goes on sale at year-end.
Audi, or Peugeot? No contest. But what if the question is instead TT or RCZ R? Trickier. It would be ironic if PSA's cost cutting means this beautiful coupe won't have a replacement as the RCZ is already a successful, high-priced Peugeot.
The current Continental GT has been on the market since early 2011 but Bentley continues to expand and update the range. A great excuse for just-auto to try the latest V8 S coupe.
It might not be taking place until 2015 - press preview days are 3 & 4 March - but the first car to be making its global debut at the next Geneva motor show has been announced.
A German couple have just handed over Otto, their trusty 300 GD, to the Mercedes-Benz museum. What makes Otto so special? Read this and find out.
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Maserati Ghibli diesel
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Interesting, interesting...
- COMMENT: US JLR plant likely to get a warm welcome
- ANALYSIS: Q1-Q3 ASEAN sales down 11%
- INTERVIEW: Ford Europe COO Barb Samardzich
- SAO PAULO SHOW: World premieres
- Protests grow against VW recall action in China
- Audi reportedly scraps A6 Hybrid
- LA DEBUTS: Porsche Panamera Exclusive Series
- Under new Ford CEO, new life beckons for Lincoln
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Global Automotive Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Systems Market 2014-2018
- Ford Motor Company - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global CNG Vehicles Market 2014-2018