Brooks On OEM Product Trends
By: Glenn Brooks
Analyst Glenn Brooks looks at OEM new product developments in the context of company strategies and market trends
The media preview days of the 2014 Paris Mondial de l'Automobile will be 2 & 3 October. The following list continues to be updated as manufacturers announce world premieres.
Cadillac, Chrysler and Scion are the first brands to have announced world premieres for November's LA international auto show.
PSA built the 100,000th Peugeot 2008 after just nine months of production at the Mulhouse plant in France. Now, a night shift has just been added (15 September) to keep up with demand. What's driving this success?
Geely, Dongfeng Citroën, Volvo and Wuling are the first OEMs to announce vehicle world premieres for November's Guangzhou motor show. This list will be added to as other debuts are announced.
Today's media release from Daimler is official confirmation that the Mercedes-Benz passenger cars division will leverage multiple architectures for its future models. But what will those vehicles be, and where will they be built?
The name is the same but Porsche's latest Panamera 4S loses its normally aspirated V8 and gains a biturbo V6 that's not only more powerful but 20% more fuel efficient.
Keen on the Fiat Panda Cross but don't need rear doors? General Motors Europe hopes you might be tempted by its new Vauxhall Adam Rocks Air, the European A segment's first open-topped three-door crossover.
The Renault-Nissan Alliance and Aston Martin on Tuesday (2 September) announced, respectively, the resignation of Andy Palmer, who has "accepted a position with another company", and his appointment as chief executive officer.
The media preview of CDMS 2014, the 17th Chengdu motor show, took place on 29 August. The following vehicles and concepts were world premieres.
Five years ago, the idea of Citroën selling more than a few thousand high priced cars each year would have been rightly ridiculed. How things have changed. And will keep changing, due to the many more DS models now under development.
The third generation Sorento, revealed earlier today (29 August) to the media in South Korea, is longer, lower and wider. The Hyundai Motor group brand wants to sell 270,000 units of this new SUV in 2015.
The media preview days for the 2014 Moscow motor show were 27 & 28 August.
Responding to a question from just-auto.com, a spokesman for Peugeot has named Wuhan 2 as the location for build of the new 408, a sedan version of the 308.
After two concepts, Suzuki is now about to give the production version of a new B segment SUV its global debut at October's Mondial de l'Automobile.
The front-wheel drive AG luxury sedan revealed in prototype form at the Busan motor show in May is to be named 'Aslan' in production form, Hyundai has announced.
- ANALYSIS: ZF puts in place a growth strategy
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: More musical chairs
- ANALYSIS: Mercedes-Benz future model plans
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: MY2014 Peugeot 2008 1.2 VTi 82
- COMMENT: Tesla's Musk talks a good game
- PARIS DEBUTS: Kia Optima diesel hybrid concept
- ZF to buy TRW after $13.5bn deal agreed
- Largest Rolls-Royce order ever bound for Macau
- Alliance re-thinking EV battery strategy - report
- Jaguar "takes over London" for XE reveal
- Global Carsharing Market 2014-2018
- Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- PLDB - vehicle cycle plan database (annual subscription)
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- OLED Display Forecasts 2014-2024: The Rise of Plastic and Flexible Displays