The automotive business blog from Chris Wright
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Chris Wright.
The Detroit blog 15 Jan 13
Find out what goes on behind the scenes of just-auto's comprehensive motor show coverage. Discover all the relevant, irrelevant and the irreverant delights of Detroit as seen through the eyes of our man on the ground, Chris [aka 'CJ'] Wright...
Honda Thailand's scrappage scheme 17 Jul 12
I have been doing the rounds of the car companies in Thailand where in production terms last year’s flooding seems to be water under the bridge with production now pretty well back to normal...
Thai trip offers no rain relief 13 Jul 12
I had hoped that by coming to Thailand I would escape probably the worst English summer I can recall in terms of rainfall. No such luck...
36 hours in Shenyang 25 May 12
That’s what you call a flying visit, having left Munich at 10pm on Tuesday night, I am now back sitting in the departure lounge here at 7am Friday morning awaiting my connection back to London...
Hardly an A-list China city 23 May 12
With a population of around 8m, Shenyang barely makes it into the second tier of China’s gigantic cities...
The Beijing blog 25 Apr 12
Keep up to date with the relevant, irrelevant and the irreverant delights of Beijing as seen through the eyes of our man on the ground, Chris 'CJ' Wright...
Not cut out to be an assembler 30 Mar 12
I will not be called upon to assemble Nissans any time soon...
Le blog de Genève 8 Mar 12
The relevant, irrelevant and the irreverant delights of Geneva as seen through the eyes of our men on the ground, Chris 'CJ' Wright and Tony Lewis...
Geneva and the end of winter 1 Mar 12
I am looking forward to next week’s Geneva Motor Show – I always do. As well as being an important date on the automotive calendar, the Geneva event always seems to mark the end of winter. This year promises to be an exciting show with more than 100 debuts at the last count and some highly interesting news to follow up on...
Detroit with a difference 11 Jan 12
It was Detroit with a difference this year. Different largely because of the weather...
- COMMENT: Foreign OEMs chose appeasement in China
- COMMENT: 'Showing instruments' in West stand off?
- Briefing: Emerging markets in trouble (2)
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Porsche 911 Targa 4
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: Citroën DS4
- Volvo finally takes covers off redesigned XC90
- Volvo to skip all-aluminium for carbon fibre
- SWEDEN: Redesign moves XC90 up market in UK
- SWEDEN: NEVS/Saab enters administration
- Toyota GB introduces DIY vehicle assembly kits
- New Engines Aiming for 60% Thermal Efficiency Japanese Automobile Manufacturers Rising to the Post-HEV Challenge
- Jaguar Land Rover: Providing remarkable growth throughout the economic downturn
- Tesla: The Californian start-up that made head way on the automotive giants
- Global light vehicle OE exhaust & emissions aftertreatment systems - forecasts to 2029
- Global Charging Equipment for EV Market 2014-2018