The automotive business blog from Chris Wright
If you would like to offer your comments, opinions, suggest topics or just have a good rant, please feel free to email: Chris Wright.
Cab-hailing apps irk licensed drivers 27 Aug 15
The dramatic growth in cab-hailing apps in general and Uber in particular has got ‘official’ taxi drivers hot under the collar. According to figures out this week from the UK’s Department of Transport (DfT), the number of private hire vehicles on London's roads has surged by 26% over the past two years...
I have recently met a man with what you might describe as a bit of a job on his hands...
The Detroit blog 15 Jan 13
Find out what goes on behind the scenes of just-auto's comprehensive motor show coverage. Discover all the relevant, irrelevant and the irreverant delights of Detroit as seen through the eyes of our man on the ground, Chris [aka 'CJ'] Wright...
Honda Thailand's scrappage scheme 17 Jul 12
I have been doing the rounds of the car companies in Thailand where in production terms last year’s flooding seems to be water under the bridge with production now pretty well back to normal...
Thai trip offers no rain relief 13 Jul 12
I had hoped that by coming to Thailand I would escape probably the worst English summer I can recall in terms of rainfall. No such luck...
36 hours in Shenyang 25 May 12
That’s what you call a flying visit, having left Munich at 10pm on Tuesday night, I am now back sitting in the departure lounge here at 7am Friday morning awaiting my connection back to London...
Hardly an A-list China city 23 May 12
With a population of around 8m, Shenyang barely makes it into the second tier of China’s gigantic cities...
The Beijing blog 25 Apr 12
Keep up to date with the relevant, irrelevant and the irreverant delights of Beijing as seen through the eyes of our man on the ground, Chris 'CJ' Wright...
Not cut out to be an assembler 30 Mar 12
I will not be called upon to assemble Nissans any time soon...
Le blog de Genève 8 Mar 12
The relevant, irrelevant and the irreverant delights of Geneva as seen through the eyes of our men on the ground, Chris 'CJ' Wright and Tony Lewis...
- VEHICLE ANALYSIS: 2016 Land Rover Discovery & L462
- ANALYSIS: Mégane GT 220 & future Renaults
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: Premium electric SUVs...
- Briefing: Innovative emission technologies
- ANALYSIS: Honda's BR-V could be The Next Big Thing
- UPDATED IAA debuts list: Multiple updates
- JLR expects "many" of 5,800 Tianjin cars damaged
- GM strike ends as Mercedes truck workers walk
- Ford may revive Bronco and Ranger for US - reports
- Jeep hacker resigns from Twitter - report
- Automotive Plastics Market for Passenger Cars by Type, by Application, & by Region - Global Forecast to 2020
- Volkswagen AG - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Ford Motor Company (F) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- General Motors Company (GM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global light vehicle safety systems market- forecasts to 2030