EXCLUSIVE: BREAKING NEWS! - VW plans to make new van only in Poland
Volkswagen AG plans to build a new commercial vehicle exclusively in Poland with annual output as high as 130,000, starting in 2003, sources told just-auto.com today. The model, code-named VW357, also is dubbed A5-SLW or simply SLW for 'Stadtlieferwagen' ('city delivery van' in German). No pictures could be obtained, but it is expected to compete in the lightest segment of commercial vehicles, especially targeting Citroen Berlingo, Fiat Doblo, Peugeot Partner and Renault Kangoo.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-auto gives you the widest automotive market coverage.
Paid just-auto members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
Today I can offer you 30 days access for $1 - PLUS a free copy of the 193-page eBook ‘Motor Mouths’, worth $34.99.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
David Leggett, editor of just-auto
- ANALYSIS: VW Group - success and succession
- THE WEEK THAT WAS: GM, FCA, axe plant, Chrysler UK
- ANALYSIS: Depressed Thai market forces rethink
- ANALYSIS: UK supplier industry perks up
- Q&A with Victrex
- Jaguar unveils second generation XF in London
- Jaguar Land Rover announces Whitley R&D expansion
- EU 2021 CO2 targets will be difficult for premiums
- New York show debuts: Range Rover Sport HST added
- ChinaChem to buy Pirelli tyres in US$7.7bn deal